Different key and fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no differences between American sold F150's and Canadian sold F150's. I don't know where you heard that. My 13 FX4 has remote start, many base and other models have the option, and if you build a raptor on the Canadian site remote start is also an option. The only things that change between American and Canadian sold F150's are software related, most of which can be changed in settings anyway. Ford can't afford to make vehicles different for every country, nor do they need to. This applies to all brands

My 2012 Raptor purchased here in Canada did not have remote start as it is not a part of our luxury package here which took a bit of research for me to figure out. I've heard this repeated by other Canadian owners as well. It is an option but like I said I believe it's a dealer installed option.

If the OP's truck is a US model maybe they had to replace the keys and didn't use the keys with remote start. I'm pretty sure '11+ with the luxury package will have it from the factory. When I last looked remote start was included in the lux package with US models. Try to check the menus in the dash screen you should see a remote option somewhere if you have remote start.

As for DRL's on my truck they are the low beams at a reduced output. Not sure about the 13 models since they have HID's, I haven't had a chance to notice when driving by.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As for DRL's on my truck they are the low beams at a reduced output. Not sure about the 13 models since they have HID's, I haven't had a chance to notice when driving by.

Gotcha. I've driven a Super Duty box truck that was like. I'm curious about the 13s as well.