Different key and fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CraigBarish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you could take this key, make the trunk release a dud because obviously it doesn't apply for trucks, and have the buick logo replaced with the ford logo. The logo on the back of our keys is circular so as long as the dimensions are the same it wouldn't be a problem. Even if it was i'm sure finding a ford logo that fits wouldn't be too much trouble. You'd have the flip key, remote, locking/unlocking, everything
New Buick Remote Start Flip Key Keyless Uncut Switchblade w Passive Allure | eBay

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Canadian Raptors don't have remote start and I think that applies to international models as well. I believe starting in '11 US Raptors with the lux package had remote start but in other markets it's a dealer installed option.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Canadian Raptors don't have remote start and I think that applies to international models as well. I believe starting in '11 US Raptors with the lux package had remote start but in other markets it's a dealer installed option.

Ahh...I didn't know it was a Canadian version. I know that DRL's are required in Canada, what lights function as DRL's on the Canadian trucks?

CraigBarish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no differences between American sold F150's and Canadian sold F150's. I don't know where you heard that. My 13 FX4 has remote start, many base and other models have the option, and if you build a raptor on the Canadian site remote start is also an option. The only things that change between American and Canadian sold F150's are software related, most of which can be changed in settings anyway. Ford can't afford to make vehicles different for every country, nor do they need to. This applies to all brands