Different Frame on 37 Package Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was it ever confirmed that the trucks with the 37 package have a different frame? Can I fit a 37 BFG KO AT in the spare tire location of a non-37 package 2023 truck? I’m coming from a 2014 and the 37 BFG fit in that truck’s spare location… after installing an aftermarket exhaust because the spare did touch stock exhaust.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, the frames are not different. I have a 35 truck, which I put 37s on. The 37s will fit in the spare tire location.
Just because you put muh 37’s on your rig doesn't mean that the frame is not different.

OP its been discussed before:

“Step up to the optional 37s and that travel decreases slightly, down to 13 inches at the front and 14.1 inches in the rear, to stop those big Raptor-specific BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2s from chewing away at the wheel wells. To fit those huge optional tires, Ford engineers had to lower the front differential slightly (it still sits higher than the frame crossmembers, so there's no decrease in ground clearance), relocate the front spring perches, and fit larger-diameter rods on the front shock absorbers.”

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No change. Just taller springs and slight different shocks. They used offset wheels to compensate for the geometry change of the taller springs to keep the tires from rubbing the fender wells.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the frames are not different. I have a 35 truck, which I put 37s on. The 37s will fit in the spare tire location.
Would make $$ sense for Ford to use same frame. These frames are different from regular F150’s though.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The basic structure is the same, but there are modifications to it. From an article I found...

"The Raptor 37 frame is further modified with reinforcements to areas like the rear jounce-bumper mounts to better withstand the forces generated by the massive and massively heavy 37-inch tires. And it's modified to accommodate a 37-inch spare tire. This involves altering a crossmember and the winch plate that lowers the spare. A different trailer hitch, bumper, and tow hooks were also required, but this structure is shared with the base Raptor."

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
The basic structure is the same, but there are modifications to it. From an article I found...

"The Raptor 37 frame is further modified with reinforcements to areas like the rear jounce-bumper mounts to better withstand the forces generated by the massive and massively heavy 37-inch tires. And it's modified to accommodate a 37-inch spare tire. This involves altering a crossmember and the winch plate that lowers the spare. A different trailer hitch, bumper, and tow hooks were also required, but this structure is shared with the base Raptor."
I agree with what has been said about the difference. But this is the same company that got rid of the torsen diff and said nothing.

I've seen no difference in the bumper, trailer hitch or crossmember. Also the non sense about the forces created by such a bigger tire, come on, they weight 4 pounds more per tire and are two inches larger.

I understand they designed these to be jumped, but I'd imagine they were over engineered yo be able to handle 37s on a 35 truck.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with what has been said about the difference. But this is the same company that got rid of the torsen diff and said nothing.

I've seen no difference in the bumper, trailer hitch or crossmember. Also the non sense about the forces created by such a bigger tire, come on, they weight 4 pounds more per tire and are two inches larger.

I understand they designed these to be jumped, but I'd imagine they were over engineered yo be able to handle 37s on a 35 truck.
All excellent points. Hopefully the premium for the 37 package will become reasonable with time. Late in the cycle when Ford wants to push some volume, maybe. It wouldn't be unreasonable to put the amount of the price difference into a slush fund for repairs in case something breaks and Ford voids your warranty. You'll likely come out ahead.

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
All excellent points. Hopefully the premium for the 37 package will become reasonable with time. Late in the cycle when Ford wants to push some volume, maybe. It wouldn't be unreasonable to put the amount of the price difference into a slush fund for repairs in case something breaks and Ford voids your warranty. You'll likely come out ahead.
I agree. Luckily I had the dealership do the work to include purchasing the level, wheels and tires. They also put them on for me and it's all documented and warrantied.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Luckily I had the dealership do the work to include purchasing the level, wheels and tires. They also put them on for me and it's all documented and warrantied.
Yeah, most dealers are happy to help customers void their warranties. They make lots of money on customer repairs and much less on warranty repairs. Hopefully your dealer is stand up.