Differences from '18 to '23?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All the tech stuff and adjustable exhaust are cool to have stuff, but may or may not make any difference to you depending on how you value those things. The interior definitely feels a bit more premium but I wouldn’t call it night and day, it’s not an S class.

Looks are subjective. Stock ecu/tcm tuning seems better, but personally I want to tune it either way.

The suspension in my opinion is a pretty significant upgrade. The truck feels more stable and composed in every condition, and the 5 link is more stable and puts power down a lot better. Keep in mind I came from a Gen 2 live valve truck, so coming from an 18 will be an even bigger change.

OP
OP
Z

zackcp04

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, slam me if you want but I have never taken it offroad, I just love the way it looks

Im not a car guy but i do notice the backend “sliding” when hitting bumps at higher speeds, sounds like the G3 fixes that, that sounds great to me..

I also think the G3 looks slightly better

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
No idea about the '23s, but one of the best improvements from my '18 to '22 is the brakes. It took a while to get used to them.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went from a fully loaded 18’ to a 23’ with the 37 package. The 23 is a much better ride (although the 18 cornered better), the exhaust note is so much better, and the electronics are better.

TomG

Reaction score
I went from a 19 to a 23. Interior is better on the 23 overall. Tech, screen size and overall fit and finish is better. Not leaps and bounds, but better.

The power tailgate, cruise control/lane keeping/added power/adaptive headlights/exhaust tone are nice upgrades.

The rear suspension and added towing capabilities are huge for me. I tow a 2022 Malibu 25 LSV and the 23 is much better than the 19. Neither are made for towing but the sag is not as bad on the 23.

Drawbacks are I like the headlight styling and shark gill fender vents of the 19 better. I have a high pitch audible noise in the cabin when the radio is off that I hear from time to time. No heated steering wheel.

23 is worth the upgrade. It definitely feels peppier and more planted. I bought both new for what that’s worth.

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, slam me if you want but I have never taken it offroad, I just love the way it looks

Im not a car guy but i do notice the backend “sliding” when hitting bumps at higher speeds, sounds like the G3 fixes that, that sounds great to me..

Its odd but the G3's front and rear end are more simple than the G2 yet looks better or slightly better. Also the G3's 3.5 may have some tweaks because it consistently beats the G2 in the 1/4 while being a few hundred pounds more.

As mentioned the ride alone is worth the price of admission and the added tech is great too (minus digital knobs and heated steering wheel! lol). Only complaint is the lack of a true front locker for the '23 if you buy new or used. Never thought Ford would pull that especially with GM putting front lockers on all of their high end 4x4s!?!?

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Does the back end slid more after hitting the curb at Starbucks rounding the corner or one of those speed bumps at the mall? Never owned a gen 2, just curious.

Attachments

• IMG_0378.jpeg
    IMG_0378.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0379.jpeg
    IMG_0379.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 5