Deletes, Heated mirrors and heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine computer does not know your actual ground speed. Speed readings are based off of wheel speed sensors which have a higher frequency the faster you go, so I agree that the bigger tire turns slower so will give and artificial speed reading vs actual speed. But if you are serious about testing top speed you need better equipment than the factory speed-0. seriously, unlimited a Raptor could probably push 150 top speed. You are limited (unless tuned). Older Superduty are limited to 95, not sure about 2011 and newer they may be 105. I would love to see a data long of wheel speed. I bet a dollar the "bump" is 105-106 according to the vehicle network. The speed-o is driven by this signal but the stepper motor and even the printing of the numbers on the instrument cluster has a tolerance you are well with in that tolerance.

It isn't like you are claiming 135 mph and I am calling you a liar, I am stating that 109 shown on speed-0 is with in tolerance of the 105 factory limiter. I also agree bigger tires would slow the speed signal down which in turn would give a little more real speed.

Factory tires are speed rated to 118, Ford is not in business for law suits and has no intention of pushing the limits. Ram did 112 on the TRX just to beat the Raptor ( I assume the Raptor R will be higher)
The TRX is 118 before governor cuts fuel, not 112.

OP
OP
X

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the process of building my 23 order with the dealer and found out about the heated steering wheel issue. Is it possible this is something that could be added by Ford to the truck at a later date? I ordered an expedition last winter and it said that it wasn't going to come with rear seat climate controls, but that they could be added by the dealer at a later date. Turns out the Expy showed up with the controls anyway. It would be nice to know if this was an option for those of us placing orders...
Added after the build sounds like a no from the above.

But if you are referencing if the option will return at some point.... is likely that this shortage will be temporary, how long that may be is obviously unknown. Ford builds 100s of thousands of F150s with heated wheels so it would be extraordinary if the supplier for the missing heated wheel component was going to be out of stock for the entire year. When it is available again ford will likely remove the delete codes or depending on supply it may be an optional delete like the tailgate panel.

In this respect the slow pace of raptor orders being built may actually help some folks with existing orders wait out till this particular shortage abates... or the opposite, heated mirrors are at risk too and availability could go the opposite direction in a month or so

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added after the build sounds like a no from the above.

But if you are referencing if the option will return at some point.... is likely that this shortage will be temporary, how long that may be is obviously unknown. Ford builds 100s of thousands of F150s with heated wheels so it would be extraordinary if the supplier for the missing heated wheel component was going to be out of stock for the entire year. When it is available again ford will likely remove the delete codes or depending on supply it may be an optional delete like the tailgate panel.

In this respect the slow pace of raptor orders being built may actually help some folks with existing orders wait out till this particular shortage abates... or the opposite, heated mirrors are at risk but available could go the opposite direction in a month or so
With that thought in mind that it will be temporary, is BlueCruise back yet?

OP
OP
X

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With that thought in mind that it will be temporary, is BlueCruise back yet?
blue cruise wasnt a chip shortage issue, it was the software to run blue cruise ultimately deemed "not compatible" with the raptor setup (extra wide, bigger tires, different engine, brake, steering calibrations)

"not compatible" in my mind = too much $$$ custom work investment for the developers vs return

Last edited: