Definitely needs to be leveled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
So you rather have a pre loaded shock with ****** CV angles than a drop bracket on your lower control arm that increases your center of gravity by uh 3 inches lol. You guys should actually look at how the trucks geometry is changing rather than just cringing when you hear body lift. That just means we are raising the truck a few inches to level it and maintaining stock geometry. You are trying to level by changing the geometry and putting your shock in a non optimal position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
http://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=1508H

Same performance as stock.
No changes in geometry besides slight increased angle in front driveline shaft which is negligible.
Complete level look without the negatives.
Only downside is cost.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Since the Raptor is a mid/long travel truck from the factory you don't want to weaken the area where the LCA's bolt on(cross member). A bolt on cross member is just putting the truck on stilts essentially. Higher center of gravity and weaker cross member are not ideal for a spirited desert run. I'm sure the pros @svc or @RPG or @SDHQ or @Rogue Racing could probably elaborate more on why you don't lift a raptor. This is just my 2 cents.

Box steel won't weaken the structure. Just as strong as the A arm mount bracket. Works as an extension of the A arm.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Yes.

What about the CVs and running 4wd or AWD if you move collar to level they will bind like gen 1

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This truck ran Baja. How did Ford have the front end set up? Mid perch factory, or mid perch with different front suspension? Or was it factory? That would tell you what Ford believes in for offroad

Jack_Toepfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Body lifts are simple and effective and anyone who argues with that is using opinion rather than fact. They aren't everyone's style, but that is subjective. To level a Raptor with a little body lift would, check that - should - mute the "real off-roaders" that talk about suspension geometry. COV would go up, but not to the extent of the size of the lift, an insignificant fraction of that. Who the hell talks about COV on a Baja truck anyway?

Meant to say lift, not level. Body lift won't level. Was more so commenting on the common bad rap body lifts get from people who don't know anything about them.

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This truck ran Baja. How did Ford have the front end set up? Mid perch factory, or mid perch with different front suspension? Or was it factory? That would tell you what Ford believes in for offroad

If you bother to read any of the articles they replaced the shox with the same fox 3.0" that were available on the gen 1 trucks. Internal bypass with DSC in the front, external bypass in the rear

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The CVs were binding from guys adding spacer lifts which created the effect of added droop travel.

I ran a gen 1 on top perch and had terrible binding issues whenever 4wd was engaged. That was with no spacers. The top perch achieves the level look but sacrifices 4wd performance. Or even usage.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Body lifts are simple and effective and anyone who argues with that is using opinion rather than fact. They aren't everyone's style, but that is subjective. To level a Raptor with a little body lift would, check that - should - mute the "real off-roaders" that talk about suspension geometry. COV would go up, but not to the extent of the size of the lift, an insignificant fraction of that. Who the hell talks about COV on a Baja truck anyway?

How in the world would a body lift level the truck????

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

How in the world would a body lift level the truck????

Why don't you just run 2" taller tires in the front while you're at it[emoji23]