Dead Pedal Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Avmech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got mine in and they look nice, quick install and i really like the dead pedal im verticaly challanged and i love the dead pedal.

BMWBig6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my dead pedal this past weekend, and love the craftsmanship and functional improvement over stock. I only have 2 problems/complaints about the kit:

• The dead pedal support or mounting bracket has flanges that are close to 90 degrees (perpendicular) from the bracket body. However, I found that a slightly more acute angle (maybe 75-80 degrees) on the firewall side would have fit more flush against the firewall. Doing this without changing any other bracket geometry would actually help for better fitment on the dead pedal side too, because I noticed it too could benefit from a more obtuse angle greater than 90 degrees. Of course, changing one side might mean having to lengthen the mounting bracket flange so it still mates up with the dead pedal bolt holes. What I'm trying to say is that instead of the bracket looking like this in side profile:

|____

|​

It would look more like this (exaggerated):

/____

|​

This would help make the mating surfaces sit more flush (vs. at an angle with a gap) on both the firewall and the dead pedal plate, also improving stability too (because the pedal will give slightly with pressure if those gaps can't be tightened out completely).

When I loosely installed the kit before tightening any of the fasteners, it resembled a parallelogram in side profile. So when I tried to tighten one part of the kit, it would try and force the whole thing to become more square (90 degrees each corner) because that's how the mounting bracket flanges are fabricated. Changing the flange angles slightly from 90 degrees would have allowed the pedal kit to maintain its "natural" parallelogram shape.

• The other issue I had was with the 3 self-tapping screws for securing the bottom of the dead pedal to the floor. The middle and right-most screws found metal directly behind the carpet, on the raised lip on the floor. However, the left-most screw doesn't seem to find any metal (doesn't seem long enough to penetrate the carpet and insulation) because it doesn't have the benefit of the raised lip on that side (which terminates a few inches inboard from this screw position). I wonder if a longer screw would solve the problem, as I'm hesitant to change the screw angle to a more shallow one. I read someone else's instructions saying to drill almost straight down, but that would make the head of the screw lie ****-eyed once tightened and not flush with the dead pedal face like the other 2 screw heads.

Overall this is a great kit and I'm pleased with its quality and performance. That didn't stop me from taking liberties with the instructions though. Instead of cutting a channel slit in the rubber floor mat to accommodate the dead pedal, I took the liberty of cutting a single slit in the opposite direction. This partially obscures the gorgeous dead pedal, but looks more OEM-ish from normal viewing angles and also (hopefully) keeps rain water and slush on wet shoes from puddling at the base of the dead pedal and soaking into the carpet. I know not everyone will like this look, it's just my personal "remix" of Wicked Performance's classic design.

dead-pedal1.jpg

dead-pedal2.jpg

dead-pedal3.jpg

Lonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my dead pedal in today!
13ec51a6.jpg
It was a little tricky getting those 3 self tappers to bite, but I figured it out
9bc3de87.jpg

Last edited:

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the Manufacturer might not recommend it, But I've had my kit in for a few months
, but I didn't attach the lower screws in the dead pedal. It hasnt moved at all. Great kit, highly recommended.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'm sure the Manufacturer might not recommend it, But I've had my kit in for a few months
, but I didn't attach the lower screws in the dead pedal. It hasnt moved at all. Great kit, highly recommended.

Those lower screws are tough to get in there for sure, but it's worth it to put them in. I contemplated doing the same thing you did, but after playing with it I put one of the screws in to see how much better it was, and after doing that I completely secured it to the floor.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed an order 2 weeks ago and never heard back from these guys. Even sent an email with no reply. I wonder if they charged my card. I never got a product. Starting to wonder...I'll probably give them a call but why no reply??

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed an order 2 weeks ago and never heard back from these guys. Even sent an email with no reply. I wonder if they charged my card. I never got a product. Starting to wonder...I'll probably give them a call but why no reply??

I have found from personal experience these guys have phenomenal customer service. There must be a good reason.

OP
OP
W

WickedPerformanceShop

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that our phone system has been working one day and not the next. We were in the middle of a run of dead pedals when you made your order. They are all done and awaiting shipment. They should be leaving today or monday.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You really need to get your phone system working. It's been down for over a month. Give me free bumper for my Raptor and I will come fix your phones. :)

Sorry about that our phone system has been working one day and not the next. We were in the middle of a run of dead pedals when you made your order. They are all done and awaiting shipment. They should be leaving today or monday.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasnt gonna post in here but im not gettin any reply with pm. Any updates on the orders? I placed the order about 3 weeks ago and nothin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can