Dash protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Another option is to use a conditioner product to protect your dash from UV.

This one can be used on interior plastic and on the leather seats. It is SPF 65 and smells good.

Adam's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner | Clean Auto Interior

I purchased both Adam's Leather and Interior Cleaner as well as the Leather Conditioner and used it on my wife's Audi convertible last Saturday. She has a black leather interior and a cleaning and conditioning was in order.

I must say both products really make the interior look great. I was really impressed with the Leather Conditioner and it has a very good "leather" smell unlike some other products.

I applied the conditioner with a sponge and it doesn't leave a shiny residue. The black is just a little bit blacker and the leather is soft... It's well worth the price...

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with dashmats - but your avatar is one of the most badass ones I've seen. Great air!!! How was the landing????

I've not ever had any use badass and me in the same thought, .... ******? Frequently!

Wasn't me. Just a pic I found while waiting for my 2011 to be built. Believe it was a journalist if some sort on a test drive.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of 303 protectant for everything plastic and rubber and I use it all over the outside of the truck. That said, I just use Black Magic interior spray on the dash.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate almost all of the interior of our trucks, so much plastic trying to look nice, imo you either go luxury or rugged, I feel like ford accomplished neither with the truck. I still want to have a hot rod shop do some work to the interior but don't feel like spending the money yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate almost all of the interior of our trucks, so much plastic trying to look nice, imo you either go luxury or rugged, I feel like ford accomplished neither with the truck. I still want to have a hot rod shop do some work to the interior but don't feel like spending the money yet.

Huh, I actually feel pretty opposite. I love the simplicity with touches of luxury of our interiors. Before I bought the truck, I wished that the interior was less luxury because I felt that a prerunner truck should be very simplistic inside. After I bought the truck though, I was very happy to sit my ass on a nice quality leather seat, have my backup camera, and my old man backup beepers and such. Part of me would even like a leather dash and more luxury on the door panels and all...but let's not forget, our trucks are made to get muddy and dirty. Plastic wipes off clean and easy. I love the balance personally.

I also used the Adams leather cleaner and conditioner on the dash after I saw it recommended on here. I had bought it for the seats and never thought of using it on the plastic. Glad I did, looks very clean and gives it a nice clean shine without looking tacky, like you lubed it up with a crapload of armor all. Thanks for the tip guys!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Huh, I actually feel pretty opposite. I love the simplicity with touches of luxury of our interiors. Before I bought the truck, I wished that the interior was less luxury because I felt that a prerunner truck should be very simplistic inside. After I bought the truck though, I was very happy to sit my ass on a nice quality leather seat, have my backup camera, and my old man backup beepers and such. Part of me would even like a leather dash and more luxury on the door panels and all...but let's not forget, our trucks are made to get muddy and dirty. Plastic wipes off clean and easy. I love the balance personally.

I also used the Adams leather cleaner and conditioner on the dash after I saw it recommended on here. I had bought it for the seats and never thought of using it on the plastic. Glad I did, looks very clean and gives it a nice clean shine without looking tacky, like you lubed it up with a crapload of armor all. Thanks for the tip guys!

That's really my point. I think it either needs to be less flash for more of a rugged off-road feel, or actual luxury. They generally fair at any semblance of luxury, which to me is sort of embarrassing. The seats aren't particularly great, sure I love the cooling and heating functions, but the bolstering is terrible and the fabric mess just looks cheap to me, also it pulls and frays over time, they just seem generally poorly thought out. I don't really consider the cameras as luxury more as functionality (though I see how they can be categorized that way). I don't feel the plastic cleans all that well, especially with mud and thick dust, it's texturized which traps dirt and it all rattles so much after serious off-roading over time. I feel the right leather would actually clean easier. I could go on and on but all that really matters is that you're happy with your truck in the end.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, @RLTW, I'm not trying to talk anyone into it or convince anyone. Just my opinion and you have yours. Sucks that your not quite happy with it. My experience has been good. Guess that's why it's different strokes for different folks.

Maybe I have ignored my interior some because I've been so locked into suspension, exterior and engine mods that I've convinced myself that my interior is good. I'm going to keep telling myself that! Haha. I can't afford to start modding the inside too! Haha

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hahaha, I've done all the 3.0 stuff and the basic bolt on engine stuff that I would do, and I've got 37's and lights and all the other stuff I'd planned on. I'm at a point where I either bump up to long travel and a different solution for the rear, sc or turbo it, or just just do a couple small things and focus on polishing up the little stuff like stereo/interior or whatever else. I don't know what I want to do at this point so I'm really picky about everything. I just expect more out of a 50/60ish thou trucks interior than what they game us. I had a Honda that looked nicer inside than this thing.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what dashmat are you guys using?

2014 Terrain SuperCrew
Vortex Mud Guards ~ Husky Floor Liners ~ Rigid Dually Flushmounts ~ Rigid Dually Clear & Amber Fogs ~ Recon Smoked Mirror Lights ~ Bakflip FiberMax & BakBox ~ SVC Tune ~ Rigid 20" E2 Series - Combo ~ Mid Perch ~ Underhood & Bedlights by Noah