Cycle Ranch September 30, 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with George at Cycle Ranch. Extended baja track is ready to go for Sunday September 30th. George also told me he would let us run at night if we had appropriate lights. I am planning to go Saturday now so I can run with my KC 850s and Rigid duallies. Should be a blast. They have camper hookups, but I will probably just stay at a hotel/motel in Floresville.

George also wants to host an event this Fall/Winter for Raptors. Not sure what that would look like, but he definitely wants to get more traffic on the baja track. Will talk to him about that on the 30th.

I will edit the initial post with more details.

Reply if you think you can make it.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forecast for Floresville: 100% chance of rain on Saturday, could be heavy. This could shut down the track for the weekend. I will update tomorrow morning.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Track closed for today. Too much rain last night. They may be open Sunday if the track survives the rain forecast for today. Disappointed that I can't run tonight but may still drive there tomorrow if they are open. Will update again this afternoon.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally heading to Cycle Ranch tomorrow. Looking forward to running the extended track at night!

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great weekend at Cycle Ranch. Enjoyed running the longer track, which includes some faster sections and sand. Also got to run at night which was a blast - drew quite a crowd as I was the only truck running and the MX track was closed once the sun went down.

Some fellow Raptor enthusiasts showed up on Sunday. Here is a pic of one going all out on the big table top. Top perch with $100 SDHQ enforcement kit. Otherwise stock. No damage. I guess it is time for me to move to the top.

IMG951975.jpg