Cycle Ranch, December 1st.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BGM, glad you had a good time. Definitely more fun with 2+ trucks. Will meet up with you next time schedule permitting. Re setup, I run 2wd, locked with nannies off. Did you run the full course (i.e., go straight off the big table top and run around to the other side of the property before coming back to the short course)? I enjoyed the extended part of the track last month, especially at night. The original short course can get repetitive and boring if you are running solo.

Anyway, let me know next time you are thinking of heading to the Ranch. I will post something if I am going.

OP
OP
Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long course??? Dammit. No, I didn't run the long course.. I did see that the appeared to be a jump directly after the table top but I wasn't sure so stuck to the short course and yes, it got plenty repetitive.

We'll definitely get together on the next one. It was only an hour and a half or so from my place in Austin taking the 130.. Gotta love 90+ mph and no traffic.

~BGM

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The jump after the big table top is not raptor friendly. But you can drive around it and then follow about a 1+ mile track with some higher speed sections (60 mph or so) and a lot of sand. Next time.

Last time I spent the night. Would be fun to get a group to camp, bbq and run the track at night. And maybe drink a beer or two.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in Houston, but am giving some serious considering to making the trip to the Cycle Ranch soon. Thanks for the awesome post BGM. I wish we had something like that here in the Houston area.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Houston, but am giving some serious considering to making the trip to the Cycle Ranch soon. Thanks for the awesome post BGM. I wish we had something like that here in the Houston area.

All right. So we know that BGM and AOL are in for the next Cycle Ranch trip. Will start a thread the next time I am planning to go.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BGM you gotta come to the TRR in April. If you took 130 you must be on the north side of Austin, Georgetown maybe? Anyways, TRR is only a couple hours away from you. It won't get repetitive either. 40+ mile track and tons of Raptor guys to bs with. All Weekend Long

OP
OP
Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BGM you gotta come to the TRR in April. If you took 130 you must be on the north side of Austin, Georgetown maybe? Anyways, TRR is only a couple hours away from you. It won't get repetitive either. 40+ mile track and tons of Raptor guys to bs with. All Weekend Long

Oh believe me, I'm trying to figure out how to go..

With two little ones at home and a job that has me out ofthe house quite a bit it requires me to pick and choose which things I go do on my own since that means me leaving my wife and kiddos at home which she gets enough of all the time anyway. My kids are pretty small still so they're still in hard core schedules so any major deviation messes them up for days so bringing them is also an issue.

I'm working on it... I may come down for a day at the very least so I get to hang with the crew and experience some of the fun.

~BGM

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TRR is a must. Should be 100+ raptors this year. One reason I go to cycle ranch is to get more time in the dirt so that I can go faster at TRR, but always below Trey's speed limits of course. ;)