Crunch time: Gotta decide...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id say get the raptor and use it for what it is built for. Go offroad, have some fun- you will see what all the hype is about. There is so much more that you can do in a raptor vs a mustang. In the end, only you can decide though.

Like others, I have a sports car on the side for when I get the urge to go fast on the street. But the raptor is my DD and all around go-to vehicle for pretty much most everything. I love it.

RUFdriver

Reaction score
Sounds like you should have thought about this when you ordered the Raptor. Sometimes it's far easier to plan on trading in a car than actually doing it when the time comes. Having said that, I would get the Raptor. Can you do both? That's the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to driving tomorrow, and being able to judge the brake feel and suspension feel for myself.
The idea of a spongy brake scares me, as I actually have dreams about pressing the brake pedal while driving, and the pedal hitting the floor with nothing happening..... Never had a car with spongy brakes, but it doesn't sound very reassuring.

In the past 3 years I have had 7 cars / trucks and have zero issues with the Raptors brakes. I thought they felt great.....much better than my wifes new Tahoe.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both gt500 and 2017 Raptor both are great but the Raptor is used far more.

OP
OP
S

selo

Reaction score
Sounds like you should have thought about this when you ordered the Raptor. Sometimes it's far easier to plan on trading in a car than actually doing it when the time comes. Having said that, I would get the Raptor. Can you do both? That's the best of both worlds.

I did think about it then. And I've been thinking about it since. And I'm still thinking about it.
When I read the articles about it I knew I wanted one.....can afford it, but due to lack of space will make much more sense to get rid of one. GVWR write off is attractive for this vs Jeep too.

Last edited:

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are asking this question to a bunch of people who already decided its worth the trade off.

No one can decide for you, and its not the right truck for most people who cant rationalize the expense and cant see the value.

Go for the test drive, if it doesnt give you the expected enjoyment, walk away.

OP
OP
S

selo

Reaction score
You are asking this question to a bunch of people who already decided its worth the trade off.

No one can decide for you, and its not the right truck for most people who cant rationalize the expense and cant see the value.

Go for the test drive, if it doesnt give you the expected enjoyment, walk away.

Test drive is what it all comes down to.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are having all these thoughts about not getting the Raptor, then don't! Don't test drive it, just let it go! Because if you do drive it you will be hooked! On the road it will ride and drive a lot like a sports car, although a 5800# one! If you take it off road and use it for what it's built for , you will want to drive on dirt roads all the time. The Raptor is a blast to drive. It's not a GT500, and it's definitely not your Dad's old pickup truck! Don't drive it or the GT500 is gone! Oh yeah, you will also still get the quick head turns, and questions about it, just like you do with the GT500! I do have one question for you though, you own a GT500 and can afford it and a Raptor and you are worried about gas mileage? Buy the truck and have a blast with it!

OP
OP
S

selo

Reaction score
If you are having all these thoughts about not getting the Raptor, then don't! Don't test drive it, just let it go! Because if you do drive it you will be hooked! On the road it will ride and drive a lot like a sports car, although a 5800# one! If you take it off road and use it for what it's built for , you will want to drive on dirt roads all the time. The Raptor is a blast to drive. It's not a GT500, and it's definitely not your Dad's old pickup truck! Don't drive it or the GT500 is gone! Oh yeah, you will also still get the quick head turns, and questions about it, just like you do with the GT500! I do have one question for you though, you own a GT500 and can afford it and a Raptor and you are worried about gas mileage? Buy the truck and have a blast with it!
Yep, it's crazy, I know. I can't help it. I buy these fast cars, and then I feel guilty when they get crappy mileage.