Crazy ford raptor custom stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the customized prefab boxes had a lot to do with that. also the backyard installers who did the truck fill in the rest of the equasion

micky

Reaction score
all i can say is WOW.... i want it.....NOT
i dont think the people who designed it knew about curves. everything is so boxy looking. no fluidity to the design at all. "hey lets put a woofer here. we need more bass get some more woofers" NO, idiots, try building a better box for the ones you have. it looks like they took prefab woofer boxes, made them white and just threw them in the truck. and why the hell do you have to have so many speakers in the doors? 5 midrange woofers in the door? flat out dumb. 2 at most is all you need. the way the speakers are setup they are going to cancel each other out, probably why they added so many. " its not loud enough, lets add more speakers" NO you ********* move the speakers. i think pioneer needs to take a deeper look into who they are sponsoring. they make good stuff, but this is how you get a bad reputation. ugly looking, if you ask me. most of it is the "wow" factor of having so many speakers, but its useless if the setup is all wrong.

that must have been sone gnarly acid they were on when they did this truck

That truck is obviously not made to sound worth a crap. It is for show and to get the attention of those who enjoy noise. It was also done rather poorly. I agree with the prefab look but I have to disagree with the cancellation of noise. While there may be some cancellation using that many speakers, you will have higher volume. Given with multiple sources like that it would be the equivalent of an audible rats nest. This truck is built to be parked in a booth to "get attention", it is not made to LISTEN too.

Years ago I was sponsored by Pioneer. I don't know if IASCA and USAC exist today, but I ran all over the country competing.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Holy shit. That would make my ears bleed. I turn off tremble and bass completely and have my sound to 25% when my dog is in the cab, which is most of the time. I'm not a big sound fan, don't know the difference the stock system is more than enough for me, I usually don't listen to anything I like my engine/exhaust sound just fine thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That truck is obviously not made to sound worth a crap. It is for show and to get the attention of those who enjoy noise. It was also done rather poorly. I agree with the prefab look but I have to disagree with the cancellation of noise. While there may be some cancellation using that many speakers, you will have higher volume. Given with multiple sources like that it would be the equivalent of an audible rats nest. This truck is built to be parked in a booth to "get attention", it is not made to LISTEN too.

Years ago I was sponsored by Pioneer. I don't know if IASCA and USAC exist today, but I ran all over the country competing.
you dont need that many speakers to be loud. my car was a demo car at our shop. 1 13w7 in a "special" box and 6 peakers. and it read 150+ db on 4 different db meters

micky

Reaction score
you dont need that many speakers to be loud. my car was a demo car at our shop. 1 13w7 in a "special" box and 6 peakers. and it read 150+ db on 4 different db meters

"Special"? What tuned band pass? 6th order or something like it?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Special"? What tuned band pass? 6th order or something like it?
installer secret, sorry........

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

i cant have everyone making the same boxes as me, then i wouldnt be the loudest anymore

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus look at that old grandpa in Starter Jacket and Flat Bill....................................................................................................................................................................

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol I was wondering why nobody mentioned that old guy, talk about Real OG. I thought he was doing a gangster lean but I realised it's probably arthritis.