Could these work as driving lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max 2893 No my lights aren't illegal I think. And its on my lifted truck so no matter what lights I had I would blind someone. I'm just pissed cause they flash me all the time. Just cause ur car is lower than my headlights doesn't make mine illegal. And I'm sure people do it to you too. Its a truck thing everyone has been flashed by someone else at some point. And not to be rude if you flashed ur rigid at me I'd flash my 3 back at ya with the highs.

m just trying to lend some knowledge. I wouldn't use the DDM ballasts but they're LEDs have held up on the back of my truck for 2 winters without a problem now. And they don't go as far as a rigid or anything else more expensive but for the price ur getting a lot of light forward. Between these and amazon you can find some decent lights for under $50. They won't throw as far or be like the more expensive bars but they put use able light forward and a lot for cheap and they are not bright enough to blind other drivers.

I

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just so you know, if you have HID's in stock housings they most definitely ate illegal. Plus being in a lifted truck. Did you Re adjust your lights when you installed your lift?

And I really don't get flashed, honestly. I've got my lights aimed down right.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh thank you I'm sorry then. This is the 3rd truck I've owned with that setup and I've installed it in 3 other trucks and none have been pulled over or ticketed. And no I did not re adjust. Where I live it is pitch black and I wanted the most light on the road as possible to prevent hitting deer and trying to avoid ice. I'm sorry to **** you off but I'm trying to help out another member who is like me and does not have $1200+ for retros. Hell the only reason I came to get my rigids is because another member was selling them and gave me a great price which allowed me to get into lights I would never have been able to afford before. If you would like to express your concern please pm me but do not ruin daddycreswells post with the bickering.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh thank you I'm sorry then. This is the 3rd truck I've owned with that setup and I've installed it in 3 other trucks and none have been pulled over or ticketed. And no I did not re adjust. Where I live it is pitch black and I wanted the most light on the road as possible to prevent hitting deer and trying to avoid ice. I'm sorry to **** you off but I'm trying to help out another member who is like me and does not have $1200+ for retros. Hell the only reason I came to get my rigids is because another member was selling them and gave me a great price which allowed me to get into lights I would never have been able to afford before. If you would like to express your concern please pm me but do not ruin daddycreswells post with the bickering.

Thanks JJ, I had aftermarket ones in my F150, and never had any problem. Actually this truck had them also but they were cheap and messed with my radio. So I have been looking for some more.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you switched back to the stockers too? Maybe think of retrofitting aftermarket projectors it seems really easy and I'm thinking of doing it myself later this year just cause I loved the brightness of the projectors but they were cheap so maybe try putting a trs projector.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just getting back to the forum, been in Florida on business. Don't worry, you didn't **** me off, no hard feelings on this end. Sorry if I came across as a **** before.