Contest: Show off your DIY skills!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have an idea. Submissions have been slowing down and although members have been posting some awesome DIY's, how about we see if we can get some that are a tough less technical for one while being more than likely created for this thread in particular. What I mean is, let's see some DIY's for regular maintenance. Threads started to show the correct procedure to change the engine oil, tranny fluid, differential fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid, etc.

Changing it up a bit I believe will not only provide more submissions, but will also open it up to the guys that don't have the tools and means for the larger projects. Anyone have any DIY's for the regular maintenance stuff?

With only two days left to submit, it is understandable that the entries are getting slim, it was open for what? two months?

I think this idea would make for a great follow up contest.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have an idea. Submissions have been slowing down and although members have been posting some awesome DIY's, how about we see if we can get some that are a tough less technical for one while being more than likely created for this thread in particular. What I mean is, let's see some DIY's for regular maintenance. Threads started to show the correct procedure to change the engine oil, tranny fluid, differential fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid, etc.

Changing it up a bit I believe will not only provide more submissions, but will also open it up to the guys that don't have the tools and means for the larger projects. Anyone have any DIY's for the regular maintenance stuff?

Maybe catagorize and offer a few options such as Maintenance DIY's, Accessory DIY's, Technical DIY's. Etc. The one thing that is majoriy different in most of these accessory builds is that there are no references to how they actually cut, notched, welded etc. etc. on making them. Just an accessory that is alreay completed. The technical and maintenance one shows a different set of skills needed to accomplish. Just my .02 worth.
Mil T

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe catagorize and offer a few options such as Maintenance DIY's, Accessory DIY's, Technical DIY's. Etc. The one thing that is majoriy different in most of these accessory builds is that there are no references to how they actually cut, notched, welded etc. etc. on making them. Just an accessory that is alreay completed. The technical and maintenance one shows a different set of skills needed to accomplish. Just my .02 worth.
Mil T

That is what I am looking for myself when I say DIY for maintenance stuff. Listing tools needed, torque specs, parts needed/used.

That being said, I also see the benefit of splitting up what I am looking for in another contest since this one has run it's course. But I agree with differentiating between a general build thread verses an actual DIY instructional type of thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.