Contest: Show off your DIY skills!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
It is always cool to see an idea you have turned into reality - especially when you do it yourself. Here is a chance to show off what you can do and provide some valuable how-to info to the community. Reply to this thread with a link to your project write-up / how-to that you did yourself for your Raptor. It can be building a bumper, a stereo or VHF radio install, rebuilding the factory Fox shocks - you get the idea. We will allow two months from today to build your project, post a write-up (explaining what you did so that everyone can follow along) and link it in this thread. At the end of that time, the entries will be voted on (via a poll) by the FRF community.

The winner will receive $150 through Synthetic Motorsports for any AMSOIL maintenance products (including personal shopping advice from clkelley:headbang:) and bragging rights!
Here is a link giving an example of the prize package:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f64/contest-show-off-your-diy-skills-17600/#post285072

Rules:
1. One entry per person
2. The vast majority of the work must be done by you
Here are some examples:
-You built a bumper, someone else painted / coated it -> Eligible
-Your buddy built a bumper and you painted / coated it -> Not eligible.
3. Existing write-ups / how-tos / projects are eligible
4. Vendors are not eligible
5. You must submit link to your write-up / how-to on FRF for your project.

The deadline for entries is noon on 12/15. Voting will run from 12/16 through noon 1/7/13.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so what if i become a vendor AFTER i do the write up? am i at an unfair advantage since im a car audio installer and have a raptor coming into my shop this weekend?

i guess i wont enter. but i will still post a write up regarding the install of the system

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
This contest will replace the Raptor of the Month contest for November and December to finish out the year. We would love for everyone to participate. If you've been holding off on a DIY build or project, now is the time to get it done!

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What that amounts to guys, in easy and simple terms is about the cost of the following: 8 Cans od AMHSC MP Heavy Duty Metal Protector, 7 quarts of ALMQT SAE 5W-20 Signature Series 100% Synthetic Motor Oil, and an EAO11 25,000-Mile Ea Oil Filter (1 Filter). A great start on the maintenance of your Raptor!

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
This contest will replace the Raptor of the Month contest for November and December to finish out the year. We would love for everyone to participate. If you've been holding off on a DIY build or project, now is the time to get it done!

I think this contest is a really cool idea and I know 012Blue is excited to enter, but it makes me a little sad that there won't be a ROTM:whymewhyme:

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DIY THREAD:

1- [INSTALL] SDHQ Winch Mount and Warn Winch --- 19 hours
2- [INSTALL] K&N CAI --- 2 hours
3- [INSTALL] Hood mount and lights --- 3 hours
4- [INSTALL] LED turn signals --- 1 hours
5- [INSTALL] Bedrug --- 1 hour
6- [INSTALL] Tint (35%) --- 1 hour

Total so far has been 27 hours, + or - 1 hour installing stuff!!

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

DIY THREAD:

1- [INSTALL] SDHQ Winch Mount and Warn Winch --- 19 hours
2- [INSTALL] K&N CAI --- 2 hours
3- [INSTALL] Hood mount and lights --- 3 hours
4- [INSTALL] LED turn signals --- 1 hours
5- [INSTALL] Bedrug --- 1 hour
6- [INSTALL] Tint (35%) --- 1 hour

Total so far has been 27 hours, + or - 1 hour installing stuff!!

Not up to date but you get the idea
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/xbx-blue-flame-build-2826/

Status
Not open for further replies.