Colorado Springs Wide Car Washes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonathan T

Reaction score
Anyone know any car washes that are safe to get a 2019 Raptor washed? I tried calling a few and started to give up since I am constantly told my vehicle is too wide.

Thanks

OP
OP
Jonathan T

Jonathan T

Reaction score
I am currently still in a apartment and they are strict on washing vehicles even if you have a garage attached. Would a self service (Pressure washer) work to keep the salt off? Thats really the only thing im worried about so it wont start to rust.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understand, I would be concerned about pressure washing simply because there’s a lot of electrical connections underneath that you could possibly blow water into and cause issues. It’s like a catch 22. Possibly a good careful cleaning and then undercoating would keep corrosion at bay. Talk to some local shops that do under coats and see if they can help.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used Waterway in the Denver metro area when it's too cold to DYI, but a self service will get the mag chloride off for the most part.

If you're really concerned about it, any auto detail shop should offer a hand wash service.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now, what would be wrong with going to a self-service wash bay with a bucket, a sponge, car wash soap, a couple plastic cat litter containers of hot water, and a chamois? You can hand wash your rig, use the wash bay to rinse it off, and hand dry it. I've done it. Works fine. This method avoids harsh wash chemicals and potential damage to electrical connections and factory decals.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now, what would be wrong with going to a self-service wash bay with a bucket, a sponge, car wash soap, a couple plastic cat litter containers of hot water, and a chamois? You can hand wash your rig, use the wash bay to rinse it off, and hand dry it. I've done it. Works fine. This method avoids harsh wash chemicals and potential damage to electrical connections and factory decals.

That is what I did in the winter. Took a bucket and sponge to the high pressure place. Washed as normal, then uses the spray on foam to get the car all lathered up, and used my sponge and bucket to rub it down.....rinse, then hit with chamois. pretty decent results in my book.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know any car washes that are safe to get a 2019 Raptor washed? I tried calling a few and started to give up since I am constantly told my vehicle is too wide.

Thanks
I've checked out a few in my area and just wouldnt want to take the chance....to many horror stories about Car Washes...Hand wash it!
It gives you a chance to BOND with your baby and you get some good exercise...Also gives you a close up look for small chips & damage that you might not ever see if you take to a car wash.
I bought a GORILLA Folding Work Platform at Home Depot for under $50,makes it easy to get all the high spots...and use a Leaf Blower for a blow-dry...GF caught me few weeks ago blow drying it and just walked away laughing and shaking her head.>!