Colorado - Medano Pass & Sand Dunes Sept 8th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Raptors of the Rockies is putting together a little Raptor adventure to Medano Pass and the Great Sand Dunes Saturday September 8th. Yes, that's the weekend immediately following Labor Day weekend.

Medano Pass features some 20+ miles of Aspen trees, rocks and 9, yes 9, water crossings! It's approximately 3 hours south of the Denver metro area. Depending upon how many times we stop, take advantage of the views, play in the water/sand, the trail itself will take 2 to 3 hours.

A meeting place (somewhere near Parker/Centennial/Lone Tree) is being established for the road trip down there. Plans are to meet in the morning, caravan down, offroad, dune and then return home.

Should make more a really nice day of exploring Colorado and getting the Raptors out into their natural habitats!

:driver:

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Plan:

Meeting at the Loaf 'N Jug gas station (address is 4901 North Castleton Drive, Castle Rock, CO). Rolling in around 8:30am and departing around 9:00am. This gives us time for everyone to gather, grab coffee, top off the fuel tanks and hit the head before the trek down to Medano Pass and the dunes!

Hope to see lots of Raptors this weekend!

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do the Medano pass for sometime and the wife wants to get up in the mountains to see the aspens changing so sounds like a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. When the wife gets home from work tonight I'll see if she want to go. I'm in the Springs so I would try and time it to be on I25 about the same time you guys from the north hit the Springs.

OP
OP
iSurvive

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do the Medano pass for sometime and the wife wants to get up in the mountains to see the aspens changing so sounds like a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. When the wife gets home from work tonight I'll see if she want to go. I'm in the Springs so I would try and time it to be on I25 about the same time you guys from the north hit the Springs.

I will PM you my cell phone. Let us know tonight if you can join. Then tomorrow you can call me to find out where we are.