color for bed decals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did these ever get installed? I'm debating on throwing some bed graphics on mine but can't decide on matte black, semi gloss or glossy is the right route to go. I'm leaning more towards the semi gloss or glossy. It's hard on the tuxedo black color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 12 Tuxedo Scab with the factory graphics.
They were barely noticeable. In fact, most people never noticed them, especially on the hood.
The factory color wash a mix of matte and semi glossy, again that was even less of a contrast and it too was hardly noticeable the graphics were two tone. At night or overcast or cloudy nothing. In bright sunny days, still hardly noticeable. Do NOT Go with the black, whether matte,semi,or gloss, IMO a waste of $$$, useless and unnoticeable. Go with the gray similar to the original fender flare OEM color, in matte, semi or gloss, better a combo of matte n glossy ,even though your fender flares aren't OEM color now. The gray will not stand out much at all, but you will be able to notice em. IMO, exactly how you wanted.

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Josh at rappygraphics.com is the man to hook you up...

Check out this thread 4 pics of what I did to mine... a combination of matte and Satin and reflective if you like will get you some nice looks against the tuxedo black...

I personally like a combination of matte and satin with the touch of reflective for a wow factor...mho

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=1067156

I also fully wrapped my Tux in gloss white and wrapped the fender flares in satin black

GMAN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh at rappygraphics.com is the man to hook you up...

Check out this thread 4 pics of what I did to mine... a combination of matte and Satin and reflective if you like will get you some nice looks against the tuxedo black...

I personally like a combination of matte and satin with the touch of reflective for a wow factor...mho

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=1067156

I also fully wrapped my Tux in gloss white and wrapped the fender flares in satin black

GMAN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Awesome. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I had a 12 Tuxedo Scab with the factory graphics.
They were barely noticeable. In fact, most people never noticed them, especially on the hood.
The factory color wash a mix of matte and semi glossy, again that was even less of a contrast and it too was hardly noticeable the graphics were two tone. At night or overcast or cloudy nothing. In bright sunny days, still hardly noticeable. Do NOT Go with the black, whether matte,semi,or gloss, IMO a waste of $$$, useless and unnoticeable. Go with the gray similar to the original fender flare OEM color, in matte, semi or gloss, better a combo of matte n glossy ,even though your fender flares aren't OEM color now. The gray will not stand out much at all, but you will be able to notice em. IMO, exactly how you wanted.

Much appreciated.