CO2 Tank and Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Why not use a compressed air cylinder. 4500psi... or a compressed nitrogen tank. Both are about the same cost as c02 and a compressed air tank has greater capacity.

Actually, CO2 has more capacity. The CO2 in the tank is a liquid and flashes into a gas as it is used.

Powertank has a long list of FAQs. Here are some of them with a link to more:

Q: Isn’t this just a Scuba tank? Can I use my Scuba tank with your Regulator kit?
A2: We get this question a lot. Unfortunately the answer is no. We use only top-of-the-line CO2 certified equipment. Scuba tanks are completely different in cylinder and valve design and scuba tanks cannot be used in place of a CO2 tank.

Why CO2 instead of Nitrogen?
A2: "Volume.” CO2 will give you three times the energy of Nitrogen in a given tank size. Having one tank of CO2 is like carrying three tanks of nitrogen. This makes it more economical and means that you’ll have the power when you need it all in one small tank.

http://www.powertank.com/faqs#question13

Last edited:

OregonSVT

Reaction score
After having this for a while, my only gripe is that the handle sticks up a little too far in interferes with my bed cover a little. The neck of the tank is smooth and the current handle clamps on. From the looks of it, a beverage type handle would work. Somthing like this:
02F05107.jpg

The only issue is that the neck of my tank is smooth and all of the handles like this I have seen require a neck that is either threaded or has a snap ring groove.

Any ideas?

I know this is an ancient thread, but I figured I would state that my Source CO2 tank came with one of these beverage handles on it (snap ring). I had to take about 1/4 inch off of it in order for it to fit under the bakflip. It does allow the 10 lb tank to sit vertically in the bed now though.

20150710_180421_zpsh73w86f7.jpg