Check engine light after removing COBB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking the truck to the dealer tomorrow and decided to take my COBB accessport of the truck a few days back. Once i removed it and after the 2nd start up im pulling the following codes: P05B0, P0630, and U0422. Researched it here, tried reinstalling the accessport and removing, same issue. Updated my accessport with the latest firmware and did it again, same issue. Also tried just clearing the codes with the accessport and same issue. The only time the CEL is staying off is if i have the COBB accessport installed on the truck. Any ideas what this could be?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you say installed do you mean hooked to the obdii and running the tune?

OP
OP
patire19

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, installed the tune, then uninstalled the. When the tune is removed the CEL will come on after the second start up.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you reached out to COBB, and/or “Goosetuned”? I’m quite sure they can get you fixed up. There have been a few of this exact issue lately. Sim with a Intake , some not…

OP
OP
patire19

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya emailed them, today waiting to hear back sometime this week

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P05B0 - Active Grill Shutters
P0630 - VIN not programmed or Mismatched
U0422 - invalid data received from BCM

When you uninstalled it, did you opt to reinstall the original backup? I don’t remember the options exactly but there was an option to backup the info on the install and reinstall that original data on the uninstall

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would do any updates that are available with the Accessport manager program. If no updates then install the Accessport again with the Stage0 map. Make sure you have no CELs, then uninstall again.