Cerberos's silver Scab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i was talking to BOJANGLES on the phone today and told him I am thinking about a '13 Silver Scab....I'll keep the story short and tell you that I basically envisioned exactly what you have done with the black vinyl and orange pin striping. he pointed me toward this thread, either i have seen it and don't remember or great minds think alike. either way...it looks awesome and i might be copying you lol.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a good color combo.

I like how he did vinyl below the grill. Even though my 2 lightbars and bumper cover that area, the next time I take my bumper off I'm gonna add some more black down there.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
It's a good color combo.

I like how he did vinyl below the grill. Even though my 2 lightbars and bumper cover that area, the next time I take my bumper off I'm gonna add some more black down there.

i bet you would love to add some more black ...down there

Banned
Reaction score
ITT Bojangles true ****** preference has been revealed.

OP, that looks amazing. Awesome looking truck.

OP
OP
Cerberos

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was talking to BOJANGLES on the phone today and told him I am thinking about a '13 Silver Scab....I'll keep the story short and tell you that I basically envisioned exactly what you have done with the black vinyl and orange pin striping. he pointed me toward this thread, either i have seen it and don't remember or great minds think alike. either way...it looks awesome and i might be copying you lol.

The orange accents work surprisingly well with the silver. The black vinyl is going to be converted to a flat gray paint to match the flares and rims after some suspension work is done.

OP
OP
Cerberos

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you have in mind for the suspension?

I went with RPG's Stage 4+ with a slight twist. All the RPG parts are silver to match the factory skid plate. The 3" Fox shocks remain the standard black and silver. Even the tie rods were done in a silver anodizing. Everything is ready for installation, the challenge is finding time to get it done. Soon, very soon...

I'll post up pics of the install and revised paint when its done. In the meantime, here are a couple of teasers of the parts:

FrameSupport2.jpg

FrameSupport1.jpg

RPGTie-Rod2.jpg

RPGTie-Rod1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cerberos

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The man, the legend, the Raptor nation's favorite engineer and uber mechanic, RPG's very own Corey aka "Bump Stop" was in town earlier this week to give us a hand in installing a Stage 4+ setup on my truck. Corey's knowledge, experience and innovative design insight is/and will continue to be, an incredible benefit and resource to the Raptor community. It was truly and honor and a pleasure to host him for the trip North.

So here are a few teaser pics to occupy those of you with ADHD while I work up a more detailed description of the install:

This is what came out...

RPG47.jpg

...and here is what went back in:

RPG10.jpg

RPG08.jpg

RPG12.jpg

OP
OP
Cerberos

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The addition of the 3" Fox shocks and the RPG UCA gives you just a bit more droop over stock. However, the real advantage is in the elimination of the cumulative play that results from the stock bearings and joints. The steering is noticeably more responsive and precise.

Here is a before/after comparison of the front suspension:

RPG34.jpg

RPG64.jpg

What I was most amazed at was the change in the suppleness of the rear suspension. The tendency of the rear to "bounce" or undulate a bit over harsh transitions is completely gone. You also gain a some droop travel with this setup over stock.

Here are a few shots of the rear in stock form, with the RPG Stage 4+ at full droop and again at loaded condition:

RPG14.jpg

RPG15.jpg

RPG57.jpg

RPG81.jpg