Carbon8's Avalanche Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
This may be the whiskey talking, but it seems dumb as **** to already have a material hold for a package on a truck that isn't even being produced yet. It's stupid. Like, I understand if out of the first 10,000 2017 Raptors made, they allocated 5,000 to have the carbon fiber so they ordered 5,000 CF packages, and they misjudged the interest from their customer base and 7,000 customers ordered their Raptors with CF, so 2,000 will be on a "material hold" but ZERO, NONE, NO customer Raptors have been put on the assembly line, nor will they in the next two weeks. So that's not the issue. You know they knew a lot of people would like the CF package, so they at least ordered quite a few for the first run trucks.

In todays consumer/supplier market, NOTHING takes two weeks, NOTHING. If USPS (A ******** government run agency) can have your giant black ***** you ordered off Amazon to your door in two days or less, Ford ******* Performance can get some stupid carbon fiber trim to their plant in less than two weeks. This is the epitome of dumb. And yes, I ordered mine with the CF package, and no I'm not switching it to the accent package. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford overestimated the interest into the orange package, and no one ordered it now they're trying to not have a surplus in some stupid honeycomb package. No Raptors have been produced, therefore there can't be a shortage in parts.

Last edited:

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I will start the poking of the dealer and see if they have any information, doubtful as I have provided them with most updates thus far. I guess time will tell eventually, but Im hanging on to the CF at this point

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

This may be the whiskey talking, but it seems dumb as **** to already have a material hold for a package on a truck that isn't even being produced yet. It's stupid. Like, I understand if out of the first 10,000 2017 Raptors made, they allocated 5,000 to have the carbon fiber so they ordered 5,000 CF packages, and they misjudged the interest from their customer base and 7,000 customers ordered their Raptors with CF, so 2,000 will be on a "material hold" but ZERO, NONE, NO customer Raptors have been put on the assembly line, nor will they in the next two weeks. So that's not the issue.

In todays consumer/supplier market, NOTHING takes two weeks, NOTHING. If UPS can have your giant black ***** you ordered off Amazon to your door in two days or less, Ford ******* Performance can get some stupid carbon fiber trim to their plant in less than two weeks. This is the epitome of dumb. And yes, I ordered mine with the CF package, and no I'm not switching it to the accent package. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford overestimated the interest into the orange package, and no one ordered it now they're trying to not have a surplus in some stupid honeycomb package. No Raptors have been produced, therefore there can't be a shortage in parts. Again, this is probably all the whiskey talking.

I'll have a few of what your having...that is essentially what I am kind of hoping is the case. Orange?? Why orange, of all the possibilities??

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be the whiskey talking, but it seems dumb as **** to already have a material hold for a package on a truck that isn't even being produced yet. It's stupid. Like, I understand if out of the first 10,000 2017 Raptors made, they allocated 5,000 to have the carbon fiber so they ordered 5,000 CF packages, and they misjudged the interest from their customer base and 7,000 customers ordered their Raptors with CF, so 2,000 will be on a "material hold" but ZERO, NONE, NO customer Raptors have been put on the assembly line, nor will they in the next two weeks. So that's not the issue.

In todays consumer/supplier market, NOTHING takes two weeks, NOTHING. If UPS can have your giant black ***** you ordered off Amazon to your door in two days or less, Ford ******* Performance can get some stupid carbon fiber trim to their plant in less than two weeks. This is the epitome of dumb. And yes, I ordered mine with the CF package, and no I'm not switching it to the accent package. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford overestimated the interest into the orange package, and no one ordered it now they're trying to not have a surplus in some stupid honeycomb package. No Raptors have been produced, therefore there can't be a shortage in parts. Again, this is probably all the whiskey talking.

Whiskey notwithstanding, that's sound logic.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be the whiskey talking, but it seems dumb as **** to already have a material hold for a package on a truck that isn't even being produced yet. It's stupid. Like, I understand if out of the first 10,000 2017 Raptors made, they allocated 5,000 to have the carbon fiber so they ordered 5,000 CF packages, and they misjudged the interest from their customer base and 7,000 customers ordered their Raptors with CF, so 2,000 will be on a "material hold" but ZERO, NONE, NO customer Raptors have been put on the assembly line, nor will they in the next two weeks. So that's not the issue. You know they knew a lot of people would like the CF package, so they at least ordered quite a few for the first run trucks.

In todays consumer/supplier market, NOTHING takes two weeks, NOTHING. If USPS (A ******** government run agency) can have your giant black ***** you ordered off Amazon to your door in two days or less, Ford ******* Performance can get some stupid carbon fiber trim to their plant in less than two weeks. This is the epitome of dumb. And yes, I ordered mine with the CF package, and no I'm not switching it to the accent package. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford overestimated the interest into the orange package, and no one ordered it now they're trying to not have a surplus in some stupid honeycomb package. No Raptors have been produced, therefore there can't be a shortage in parts.

Sort of logical ...

The problem being .... What if they underestimated by a wide margin and the "outside supplier" takes weeks/months to produce? I doubt FP is manufacturing the Carbon Fiber Parts and its probably being produced by a 3rd party. Anything CF related takes time to manufacture. It be hard for me to believe they could have another "2,000" within a matter of a couple weeks.

Just my $0.02 cents.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

By the way, how did you hack my Amazon account?!?! Pervert! :biggrin:

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I read some discussions about it, but does anyone know for certain this is actual CF or just a veneer that looks CF? I mean I would like it to be real, but from all that I have seen it also appears that it could be some high-end Autozone stick-ons?
I believe Ford outsourced the GT350 R's CF wheels to a place in Australia. Oops?

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of logical ...

The problem being .... What if they underestimated by a wide margin and the "outside supplier" takes weeks/months to produce? I doubt FP is manufacturing the Carbon Fiber Parts and its probably being produced by a 3rd party. Anything CF related takes time to manufacture. It be hard for me to believe they could have another "2,000" within a matter of a couple weeks.

Just my $0.02 cents.

The problem with that line of thinking is that, if your scenario is true, someone completely screwed the dog with regard to anticipated, average, and actual lead times. For instance, I can place 10 40' containers of wheelbarrows with my importer tomorrow and bank on them being at my dock within 90 days. The trick is you have to have the foresight to factor in your suppliers' lead times in order to maintain a satisfactory fill rate.

So, if Ford really won't have product to fill orders for CF packages (an apt acronym, as it turns out), and they knew a year ago that this would be a thing, they completely whiffed on their requisitioning and procurement of the materials involved.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Sort of logical ...

Just my $0.02 cents.

I was just using round-about numbers. I have no clue what the real numbers are. Could be 2K, could be 5K, could be 30 orders. And you're right. CF things take a minute, but like I said, I highly doubt they can't get the missing parts to the production plant in time. If I took two weeks to do anything in my line of work, either people would die, or I would be dishonorably discharged. Also, like previously stated, you know they knew there was going to be a high demand in the CF package, and you know they know EXACTLY when they were going to start production, so it's not like they don't have a least a few thousand CF packages waiting to go on trucks, allowing the 3rd party manufacturer even more time. But I hear what you're saying. Now back to more whiskey.

By the way, how did you hack my Amazon account?!?! Pervert! :biggrin:

It's pretty easy to guess with a name like that. I'm just still surprised you didn't go with the 16" instead of the 14". Seems more your style. :supergay:

Last edited:

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just using round-about numbers. I have no clue what the real numbers are. Could be 2K, could be 5K, could be 30 orders. And you're right. CF things take a minute, but like I said, I highly doubt they can't get the missing parts to the production plant in time. If I took two weeks to do anything in my line of work, either people would die, or I would be dishonorably discharged. Also, like previously stated, you know they knew there was going to be a high demand in the CF package, and you know they know EXACTLY when they were going to start production, so it's not like they don't have a least a few thousand CF packages waiting to go on trucks, allowing the 3rd party manufacturer even more time. But I hear what you're saying. Now back to more whiskey.

It's pretty easy to guess with a name like that. I'm just still surprised you didn't go with the 16" instead of the 14". Seems more your style. :supergay:

Shut it! :lol: