Carbon8's Avalanche Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering no one at Ford appears to have any idea when/what is going on with this build, I'm having a hard time seeing how anyone could be confident enough to say the wait for carbon fiber is "3 to 6 months". To whom did you speak regarding this, @Ericgulf? Because the person I just spoke with at Ford said that they're not privy to such information at all.

Ericgulf

Reaction score
Just relaying what I was told by ford rep what wait could be. And I agree no one knows how long the delay is or will be for sure. I dropped the carbon fiber package and went with color accent to not be pushed back on order and not wait it out. Shit wait could be one day who the **** knows. I waited what seemed like 6 months or longer to get auto 8 in my 15 z06. Grey carbon fiber vs orange doesn't matter to much to me.

Striker

Reaction score
Hey, I just sat down with my dealer today, and he informed me that he was told that the CF in on delay, but didn't know for how long. he knew that I didn't order the CF package, he was just keeping me updated with the new info. Just letting you guys know what I was told.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody's status change to material hold?

According to FP, I was still Unscheduled Clean. Then talked to the dealer about the CF issue and cancelled it. Hoping I can escape without getting caught up in the material hold.

Just relaying what I was told by ford rep what wait could be. And I agree no one knows how long the delay is or will be for sure. I dropped the carbon fiber package and went with color accent to not be pushed back on order and not wait it out. Shit wait could be one day who the **** knows. I waited what seemed like 6 months or longer to get auto 8 in my 15 z06. Grey carbon fiber vs orange doesn't matter to much to me.

I actually decided to forgo the orange accent package after cancelling my CF.

Couple Reasons

1) Resell Value. I've never seen someone scoff at an entirely black interior. But I have seen people put off by other color interiors. I would never buy a used vehicle with orange interior inserts, especially with how they age.

2) Orange ... Why Orange? If they color matched to the exterior, I'd possibly go for it. Otherwise, why?

3) Paying for the odd color Orange. If it was free, fine, I'd deal. But actually paying for it? No thanks :)

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife liked orange but I was opting for CF, orange it is lol

If I get sick of it I'll dye it

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I hope that it is simply bad information. I am not having any orange honey combs/hexagons in my rig. IF things like this do indeed crop up, I will likely be ready to pay cash for this thing, or maybe shop on if it truly does delay too much - beyond what normal start times were/are.
I'm hoping that there are not any delays as of yet, there are still videos with information to be released about it, there still aren't final numbers on the engine, etc etc.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still unscheduled clean for me, too, and as of now, I still have the CF on order. Who the heck knows???

I wonder... You fellers who've been told there's a delay on the CF package.... When did y'all place your orders?

Also, for what it's worth, the accent package doesn't come with carbon fiber of any kind. It's just a gray/orange honeycomb pattern. Still looks pretty cool.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

I wonder... Did it catch Ford's purchasing department completely off guard that this was going to be a thing? Because they haven't even SCHEDULED a single Raptor, and there's already a problem with materials for one package that we know of.

Ridiculous. I'm in purchasing, and if my buyers had pulled dumbassery such as this, heads would roll.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only issue with plain black is the interior will be near identical to a standard f150. This is a raptor, either way it needs something to make it stand out

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only issue with plain black is the interior will be near identical to a standard f150. This is a raptor, either way it needs something to make it stand out

That was my only issue too, but it's not all black. It does have gray trimmed leather seats and aluminum accents. Oh, and the embroidered "Raptor" logo, of course.