Carbon8's Avalanche Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carbon8's 2017 Avalanche Grey Raptor Build

rJ9j8M.jpg
fDgQjh.jpg

Order Spec
2017 SCREW 145 Avalanche Grey
802A Lux Group
61C CF Trim
68R Raptor Tech
64D Bead-Lock Wheel
90H Heated Second Row
67H Heated Wheel
43V Twin Moonroof
66R Tailgate Applique
90D Bed Divider
96T Soft Tonneau
96W Spray Bedliner
MSRP $69,345.00

-------------------------------------------------Table Of Contents-------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------Modifications----------------------------------------------------

Performance

• TBD

Exterior
  • Ceramic Pro 9H Gold Package
  • Chassis POR15 Restoration/Coating
  • ADD HoneyBadger Winch Front Bumper
  • ADD Intercooler Relocation Kit
  • Warn VR-10s Winch
  • Rigid RDS Series 40" Spot
  • 2 x 10" Rigid SR Series White Comob
  • ADD HoneyBadger Rear Bumper 10" Lights
  • 2 x Rigid Dually White Diffused
  • 2 x 10" Rigid SR Series White Flood
  • ADD HoneyBadger Chase Rack
  • ADD HoneyBadger Roof Rack
  • Rigid E Series 50" Spot
  • Rigid E Series 50" Combo
  • 4 x Rigid Dually Diffused
  • 2 x Rigid Dually Flood
  • Klien Velo-234 On-board Air System W/ Horns
  • RPG Spring Collar
  • Gorilla 4 x 61147BCX, 1 x 96641BDX Lug Nuts
  • Apollo Optics HP5 LED License Plate Bulbs
  • AntennaX Black Billet 7"
  • 5% Tint

Interior
  • Ford Console Vault VDC3Z-9906202-A

Update first post with build information, everything in the above has been ordered, but not installed. Will be installed later next month when I get back home to actually even sit in the truck for the first time.

Big thanks to Nick@ApolloOptics for helping me source 98% of whats on the above list.

Will add performance parts when I do some more research and/or items come to market. Not looking to go crazy with HP but an exhaust/Intake with the intercooler kit and a tune, 500HP should be within reach.

Last edited:

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like a guy that has a pile of parts on order before he has even sat in the truck. Well done.

Coming from a different galaxy in the enthusiast universe (Porsche for the most part), I would be interested in how much additional weight all that stuff is going to add to your truck. Possibly throw those items on a scale and weigh the stock bumpers when removed. I have never messed around with modifying giant trucks but it looks like those aftermarket bumper/light bar things weigh a lot. I'd be really keen to know what your before and after weight is.

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talking with ADD and some threads I can speculate.

30lbs more per bumper, 100lbs for the rack. Winch is 80 lbs. Would put the number around 220-250lbs more, but will find out eventually.

Its honestly not something I am worried about, will eventually get performance mods to match the gain and will still be the fastest truck you can buy today.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Storage unit 306..... checking the meta data location on the picture now.

Anyone need a fully loaded AG Raptor? j/k :)

Congrats .....and I dig your patience. Sorry you can't enjoy it until May after all that waiting.
Nice list of mods you got there too :)

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Storage unit 306..... checking the meta data location on the picture now.

Anyone need a fully loaded AG Raptor? j/k :)

Congrats .....and I dig your patience. Sorry you can't enjoy it until May after all that waiting.
Nice list of mods you got there too :)

Someone has some free time lol.

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update.

Had some time before a trip last week to install the RPG collars. Took it slow...about 4 hours as I pulled the shocks from the truck to install as I did not feel like dealing with it on the truck. Not being used to these trucks gen1 or gen2 I was surprised at the LCA coilover bolt. Damn had to break out the old 1" tractor socket set to get it off. Other than that no real surprises and a very simple install. Post install no impact on drivability. Had an alignment check after and was still within spec so very happy with it.

Not a detailed write up but pretty straight forward as its been done and posted a bunch.
jZ8KCN.jpg
MOvoEz.jpg
QNvZho.jpg

Other than that did a 3000 mile roundtrip to Orlando over the weekend and found the truck to be extremely comfortable. Cruised around 78-82 and managed 15.2MPG. Did find some concerning safety issues with the truck in regards to the ACC and lane assist as well as the push start button.

1) The ACC would pretty consistently pick up shadows or other cars in the lane next to me which would then apply the brakes quiet hard which could result in a bad rear end collision.
2) The lane keeping assist I would recommend fully depression the turn signal and clicking it back after moving as if you just nudge the signal but do not complete the lane change the system a couple of times pulled me back hard into my original lane which again is a safety concern.
3) No idea how but I managed to hit the push button start while going 80 on the highway and the truck fully shut off. I thought their was a safety in this...guess not. I nearly managed to get off the road as after 10 seconds it also shut off all the running lights (it was night) and I barely missed a mile marker.

So yeah besides the truck trying to kill you...its super comfy :)

Will have some free time this weekend to install the Klien onboard air and horn system. As some rigid lights finally arrived as well as my ADD bumpers shipping this week so should see some progress soon.

mb0QVT.jpg

Last edited:

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello hey post where you will put the train horn and any info on wiring; thanks

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello hey post where you will put the train horn and any info on wiring; thanks

Yup, going to do a pretty in depth write up on my entire system as I will be running all 6 aux switches with a 150A breaker through a relay/fuse block that I will be wiring. This will run my air system as well as all my Rigid lights.

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk about a long term project... was hoping to have some things wrapped up over the winter and spring but I was called overseas again. I come home early next month and have a huge list of things to start working on. Also did ordered the below to add to the pile.

AFE Scorcher Tuner
AFE Momentum GT Intake
Borla ATAK Mid-Pipe
SPD Turbo Adapters

While away of course ADD (those bastards) released a pretty awesome bumper solution, so even though all my ADD order was delivered I was never 100% sold on the HB front bumper it was always a bit to HD for me.... of course now they release the stealth fighter bumper which is perfect IMO. So that has now been ordered as well. When I am home next month I will post my HB bumper here for sale....someone is definitely going to get a steal on that thing. Still in its crate never been touched, but not worth returning.

Also depending on if my Warn VR10 fights the stealth fighter I may have to sell that to and get the 9.5CTIs.....

If anyone is interested in a brand new HB winch bumper PM me and we can work the details. I love to drive so anything around the east coast we could work out a delivery arrangement.

Last edited: