Carbon8's Avalanche Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was only kidding. Not sure what I'm going to do about it at this point. Guess the plus is it's almost a grand off...

Yeah man. I'm sure after the initial hype it caused that some aftermarket will handle it and maybe in an even cooler way.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man. I'm sure after the initial hype it caused that some aftermarket will handle it and maybe in an even cooler way.

One will be able to procure the kit from Ford after it all dies down. Either way, I'm aight. Lol

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9 pages later........

So spoke to my dealer again today to see if their was an update and he called his regional rep and the below was confirmed by him

All new orders are not being processed with the CF kit, their was a material shortage and delay they are said to have this open eventually but not going to be a soon fix. Some first orders that include the CF kit have the materials in stock and are being allocated and pulled in the next week or two (which he confirmed my build will be one of them) builds that do not get pulled will either sit and wait for materials of customers have to remove the option.

As far as my Rebel, this truck has been a love hate. I love the truck to be honest, but its just always broken. In the last year of ownership I have had the below issues

Air fitting failed on rear suspension.
Dealer installed electric running boards replaced both sides motors twice, replaced light kit once, squeak constantly.
Intermitting electrical issues causing power locks and rear view camera to not work replaced BCM, Radio, Backup Camera (Never fully resolved locks still issues when it rains)
Roof Leaks on rear headliner, rear window fixed
Headlights replaced due to water leaks
Replaced failed driver door switched (Mirror Controls)

as well as some other minor issues, FCA agreed to buy the truck back from me in May, but I need a truck and could not order a raptor so I did not see the point in getting rid of this one and then either being without one for 6 months or buying a replacement for 6 months until I could order my Raptor.

Anyways hope the above on the CF helps

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my build date and Vin today, build week is 11/28 which is ****** but no complaints as I did not budge on my ordered and have a confirmed free and clear build sheet with the CF package.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my build date and Vin today, build week is 11/28 which is ****** but no complaints as I did not budge on my ordered and have a confirmed free and clear build sheet with the CF package.

Congrats, I ordered the same truck minus the factory spray liner (I prefer linex) and the beadlocks. There is hope I may get this truck in january, you are providing hope :biggrin:

colt.smithson

Reaction score

What number order were you for your dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck arrived today, not bothered by the wait.

I am bothered that I left the country 3 days ago and will be gone until May for work now, so the truck gets delivered to my storage locker instead.

At least its there when I get back.

Original build, never deleted an option so I am glad I got exactly what I wanted. Although I did see a GT350r at my dealer in Avalanche and I do not know if I am thrilled about the color so I will have to wait on that.

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my detailer pick my truck up for me today, arrived with 76 miles on it I assume from the rework testing etc....

He took it to a storage unit for me, I had the dealer do nothing for it when it was delivered has all plastic and shipping film on it. He will take it out and decontaminate and do a delivery prep and polish with a full ceramic coat on it this week before he covers it and lets it sit and wait till I am back.

It came in very rough condition, salt and grime covering the chassis etc... also came with a nice rock chip on the hood but other than that not big issues. It will get cleaned up soon.

9Q51Sj.jpg
O4vulB.jpg
ISCbs4.jpg