Carbon fiber parts from Covid boredom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anthony, so sorry to hear about your family situation. Hope all works out for the best.
My Dude, I appreciate it. Thank you. Its life at the end of the day. I'm not trying to woe is me here. We all have been through shit in our lives just felt like an avalanche this year. So I forgot to mention my father was 94 when he passed, so that deserves a congratulations as well as condolences. and a solid 94, was great up until May, got to see his last run of the Kentucky derby.

I feel like once I get my brother out of the Nursing home we hope to see some improvement. The way he is living is not living. Wheelchair, Jtube, Gtube, 2 bags... No way...**** that... He mumbles/scribbled to me he wants to give it 12 months in his new house and if he doesn't come off the feeding tube, eat food, and rehab out of the wheelchair then we'll refuse medical attention, DNR, and DNI and let him go on hospice. All of this should have been done 8 months ago but they are scumbags. I can't even visit him they called the police on me twice.
Family is more important than truck parts. You are more important than truck parts. Get everything sorted. That's the priority.

Let us know when you are back up and running. I will order a set when you are.
Touche my friend. Your 100% right... Thank You

Yeah man this is all just small shit here, you definitely got your hands full.
For sure, I appreciate it... I'm good now... Thank you
Since I’m sure you’re referring to me since we’ve been down this road before, I never asked for a refund nor expected one nor will I accept the one he offered.

He and I chatted privately, he gave me the info I needed on the original coating and how he would suggest getting it fixed.
I have no problem with refunding you, you can keep the original one. If you want to have it fixed I will pay for it, I do have new ones here that I can send you a new set. I just don't want you to go through any more frustration. At the end of the day if I end up losing money in this venture then it's fine as long as I know I made everything right. And what you said in one of your posts your absolutely right and absolutely wrong. Andretti Autosports never endorsed what I was doing. I just used one of their manufactures. They do not make applications for the street so you saying that I promoted the items under Andretti Autosports banner is incorrect. I never said they made it. BUT looking back what I should have maybe done was order everything in Matte and then use our body shop up here in Philadelphia to shoot the urethane and use PPG. Obviously cost goes up but its an option. If I were to do that then it would go all out and be a full packaged, logo, design, warrantied product and start advertising as a company and making multiple applications. I only did stuff for cars I owned and kept the price point as low as I could. I did all the packaging and shipping my self. Ordered all shipping supplies on Uline. My neighbors wanted to kill me, I had what looked like 1/2 million Styrofoam peanuts blowing all over the neighborhood because a 6 foot tall bag of them ripped opened. But again I apologize for the non communication regardless of the circumstances.

justinh

Reaction score
My Dude, I appreciate it. Thank you. Its life at the end of the day. I'm not trying to woe is me here. We all have been through shit in our lives just felt like an avalanche this year. So I forgot to mention my father was 94 when he passed, so that deserves a congratulations as well as condolences. and a solid 94, was great up until May, got to see his last run of the Kentucky derby.

I feel like once I get my brother out of the Nursing home we hope to see some improvement. The way he is living is not living. Wheelchair, Jtube, Gtube, 2 bags... No way...**** that... He mumbles/scribbled to me he wants to give it 12 months in his new house and if he doesn't come off the feeding tube, eat food, and rehab out of the wheelchair then we'll refuse medical attention, DNR, and DNI and let him go on hospice. All of this should have been done 8 months ago but they are scumbags. I can't even visit him they called the police on me twice.

Touche my friend. Your 100% right... Thank You

For sure, I appreciate it... I'm good now... Thank you

I have no problem with refunding you, you can keep the original one. If you want to have it fixed I will pay for it, I do have new ones here that I can send you a new set. I just don't want you to go through any more frustration. At the end of the day if I end up losing money in this venture then it's fine as long as I know I made everything right. And what you said in one of your posts your absolutely right and absolutely wrong. Andretti Autosports never endorsed what I was doing. I just used one of their manufactures. They do not make applications for the street so you saying that I promoted the items under Andretti Autosports banner is incorrect. I never said they made it. BUT looking back what I should have maybe done was order everything in Matte and then use our body shop up here in Philadelphia to shoot the urethane and use PPG. Obviously cost goes up but its an option. If I were to do that then it would go all out and be a full packaged, logo, design, warrantied product and start advertising as a company and making multiple applications. I only did stuff for cars I owned and kept the price point as low as I could. I did all the packaging and shipping my self. Ordered all shipping supplies on Uline. My neighbors wanted to kill me, I had what looked like 1/2 million Styrofoam peanuts blowing all over the neighborhood because a 6 foot tall bag of them ripped opened. But again I apologize for the non communication regardless of the circumstances.
My response above was to another poster that’s been too invested in me asking for help.

You’ve been candid with the products all along, we talked when I first received them because there were several tabs that broke that I was able to repair and make work, you offered to replace parts then and I declined because they were on the truck, secure, and not going anywhere. I appreciate your input on refinishing the parts and the process, that’s all I was ever trying to find out, it’s clear why you haven’t been active here and 1000% justified and understandable.

If you’ve got sets around I’d buy a replacement hood vent and fender vents, those are the ones where my clear has failed, the mirror caps ironically have held up better despite being the most vulnerable.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bro, sorry to hear about your family problems. My condolences to you and your family. I know you're a solid dude because you took care of my parts ASAP when there was a problem. I totally feel your pain, I just lost my father on 11/04, he was a solid 93. but we are all going to end up at the same finish line. You have to look out for #1 which is you! Take care. Brother!

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bro, sorry to hear about your family problems. My condolences to you and your family. I know you're a solid dude because you took care of my parts ASAP when there was a problem. I totally feel your pain, I just lost my father on 11/04, he was a solid 93. but we are all going to end up at the same finish line. You have to look out for #1 which is you! Take care. Brother!
I appreciate it, thank you. So sorry for your loss my friend, That's an amazing number to hit God Bless.

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't order parts but I watched this entire thread during covid and the countless hours El Snag put into this project. I don't think anyone would want the stress of such a project. His devotion to the forum and those interested was/is remarkable given that everyone has family, work, bills etc.

@EL Snagadore best of luck with everything you've got going on. Family First, always.

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't order parts but I watched this entire thread during covid and the countless hours El Snag put into this project. I don't think anyone would want the stress of such a project. His devotion to the forum and those interested was/is remarkable given that everyone has family, work, bills etc.

@EL Snagadore best of luck with everything you've got going on. Family First, always.
I appreciate it, Thanks Bud. I mean I enjoyed sharing the items, just sucks for me when you have something like this happen. I get it, It sucks, Falls back on me but I will make it right. Starting sending out replacement parts yesterday.
If I’m wrong, slap me around. But how long should these parts be warrantied or guaranteed? I paid 35k for a Can-Am SxS and it came with a 6 month warranty. The new Can-Am R approaches 50k and carries a 6 month warranty.

The OP did something very cool and made nice pieces. I bought them. I happened to have left them on my Gen2 when I traded it in. I didn’t notice any peeling but even if I did, I wouldn’t be going after the OP and expecting anything. There was no mention of a warranty when he sold them. They were sold as is.

I have a feeling as awesome a dude as he is, he’s going to make good on it at his expense. If those who have complaints don’t care if a member has to go in his pocket to replace them, so be it. I guess the old adage no good deed goes unpunished applies.
So check this out, By the way the Maverick R is just insane. I ordered a carbon fiber hood and mirrors from seadoo through my local dealership, The one on the Apex model. The dealership installed it. I didn't take the ski out ONE time this summer for obvious reasons and the hood starting peeling. The dealership tried to get it warrantied and they told them they wouldn't cover it because of either the elements, a cover and/or installation error. What elements? Air? and a dealership installed the items and I have Seadoo covers lol. Anyway it was 5 months old and they told me to go kick rocks. So don't be so sure of that 6 month warranty @MDJAK. I'm pretty sure the dealership is going to cover it I know them pretty well. Anyway I am going to fix this part at some point with some clear and most likely pin stripe fade the baseline with the Chartreuse yellow or purple from the '21 colorway. The people that got replacements, don't trash the failed ones you can do something cool to it.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20231115_150538(1).jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20231115_150538(1).jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0349(1).jpeg
    IMG_0349(1).jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    807.4 KB · Views: 31

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the OP isn’t producing anymore, I’ve been using Danny at Ebbco…. He can make anything in carbon and has been doing stuff for me for a bit now.

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the OP isn’t producing anymore, I’ve been using Danny at Ebbco…. He can make anything in carbon and has been doing stuff for me for a bit now.
:), I am the original post. But Yeah I have some Ebbco stuff on my sidexside, very nice work.... Thank you I appreciate the info

Last edited: