GEN 2 Carbon fiber hood insert, side vents and flares?! Seems pricey to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cf is for weight savings and strength. Neither of those apply here. I agree it a waste of $$

NO. CF is also for looks.

C'mon. You can't tell me that CF cosmetic parts, which are used in a wide range of production vehicles, is primarily for weight savings and strength.

Except for factory roofs, most CF options and add-ons are primarily for LOOKS.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Guess I'll just **** then. Jeez, tough crowd...

Lighten up Francis. You've just been "welcomed" to FRF. That's how it's done around here :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
Johngm45

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only pic o have so far, I just opened box of parts far ..776112689ac55cf27e89db276b2b8356.jpg6352ec632d91b092a66a597a5fe342a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

I will have parts installed Friday with my Spd adapters

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

I agree with what other guy said without pics. Quality and exact replacement

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's only one thing wrong with that carbon fiber hood insert that I can see, if you zoom in and look closely you can see that it would look better on my magnetic Raptor:biggrin:

If you're going for that look, I think it looks pretty cool..

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick first impressions - the kit is awesome! I personally took a long time to install everything, because I was very paranoid about scratching anything during the removal of the old flares and the installation of the new flares. As mentioned before, I am very particular, but the process was very straightforward. The end result is spectacular, though. The carbon looks amazing in contrast to the lightning blue paint. Fitment is on par with OEM as well. No panel gaps at all. Extra width on the flares really adds to the appearance as well. Money well spent, if you ask me. No regrets.

Did you have to remove the fenders to get the heat extractors off, or do they just pop off?

OP
OP
Johngm45

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have to remove the fenders to get the heat extractors off, or do they just pop off?

I only did hood and side vents as I have other plans for flares, not sure on install as my mechanic picked it up and took it with him, he said exact to a tee fitting and brackets .
The only thing I wish is they side vents came with slits or air pockets like the factory ones but all in all happy with the looks..

Im having them make me some CF tailgate, side bed rails as well as pillar posts to match it all up 44ea7c8018d373a45b05f8cbdded6dc9.jpge70444bba6f39fd69bcd0b8b6dd5a49b.jpgea752e01cbe9df5c91287a76b3de95d5.jpg8f466b16b5296391ea6142181676d38a.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

NO. CF is also for looks.

C'mon. You can't tell me that CF cosmetic parts, which are used in a wide range of production vehicles, is primarily for weight savings and strength.

Except for factory roofs, most CF options and add-ons are primarily for LOOKS.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Lighten up Francis. You've just been "welcomed" to FRF. That's how it's done around here :ROFLJest:

Haha. I will say there is a huge weight difference with these! But the last thing on my mind was saving weight , it was for looks only.. if it gets me to the lake house on weekends and stays still sitting in garage periodically 2d944fc5b0a92816a5fe9fc02d64279f.jpgit's the best raptor in the country.. and funny thing is I ran off driveway for the first time ever in this bitch as I couldn't see the driveway but take a look at zig zag I'm dealing with getting to house. This is start of driveway 3285d3bfa141fdfaebc054d96267601d.jpg

Last edited:

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only did hood and side vents as I have other plans for flares, not sure on install as my mechanic picked it up and took it with him, he said exact to a tee fitting and brackets .
The only thing I wish is they side vents came with slits or air pockets like the factory ones but all in all happy with the looks..

Am I understanding correctly that the CF side vents are not functional (i.e. no actual vents)?

Maybe it's just the angle, but it also looks like it isn't quite sitting flush and I can see the mounting slots on the right side. I don't think I can see those with my OEM ones on.