Buying a new Raptor in Atlanta, dont pay 10k over read below!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought Akins Ford was the largest truck dealer in the Southeast. They have 34 allocations and want 10k over for walkins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Raptease

Reaction score
I live in the ATL metro area. Most dealers wanted 5-10K over MSRP when I was calling around back in July. I found one dealer who let me place an order at MSRP on 7/29 for a $1K deposit. No updates for 5 months. Then all of a sudden, I had a build date of 1/19 with delivery between 2/2 - 2/9. Hopefully they still sell it to me for MSRP when it arrives.

OP
OP
J

JSS

Reaction score
Someone is feeding you a line buddy. There is no way they have an allocation of 52 units.

ETA: There is also no way you are ordering today and taking delivery in mid February. Mid February builds are already scheduled. Probably best you don't post any more.

+ It is a forum, not a form. Gave you a free pass on the first one, gotta call you out on the second one below. I think someone below called this situation accurately. I'm just too trusting apparently.

First of all I am not your buddy.

I didn't order one I bought one they have in production. My intention was to help people who don't want to get screwed by dealers. You can believe me or not.

Here is my experience: I called 5 dealers looking to buy a Raptor 4 out of 5 wanted 10k over MSRP. One said MSRP. I went to the dealership, they showed me a list of what they had coming in and I bought one, they told me it would be in around Feb 15.

I will take your advise not to post any longer, it seems like the point of this forum is not to engage in interesting conversations about a common topic of interest but to correct spelling errors and question people's integrity.

You are a great group of people

96LT4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've bought 4 trucks from them...SSF is now owned by Nalley and they aren't selling them at sticker. Minimum is $5K over.

I ordered mine from Greene Ford in September, paying sticker which is still too damned much, and it will be here end of Feb.

I'm done with Sandy Springs Ford and their BS.

D

Deleted member 12951

I have had a raptor on order since November also, found one on a lot in Indianapolis the other day. They were asking $9999 over invoice for the truck. I will still be trading in my gen 1 when my silver 2017 comes in. But I purchased the black one in Indy today for invoice. ( maybe even a little under). I am happy with the deal that was made. I drove 250 miles today. And love it!!!!!

This one sounds like ********. $10k over invoice would be about $5k over sticker so sounds pretty typical. But getting one for INVOICE or a little under, I call ********. Maybe MSRP but not invoice. Post up a pic of your deal blocking your personal details. Bet we will never see that legitimate picture.

JD06

Reaction score
Hey JSS, Don't sweat the peeps on here. You will find some people here that are helpful and some that are bitter. I myself am bitter. I have been waiting for an October build that may get delivered sometime next month. Look at my details in m signature. Anyway, welcome to the forum, good luck with you purchase.

D

Deleted member 12951

Why are you guys giving JSS a hard time. If you want to throw BS card, go verify. You guys want to complain about what could be good news... I have a wife for that.

Guy does sound a tad off. He tell everyone at first that he ordered and getting it in a month (that surely upsets others that ordered before him) then changes his mind to state he really hasn't ordered and it was a stock order. Guy never joined a forum before, I can see why. Not the best way to post some of your first post with white lies that make you back peddle.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
First of all I am not your buddy.

I didn't order one I bought one they have in production. My intention was to help people who don't want to get screwed by dealers. You can believe me or not.

Here is my experience: I called 5 dealers looking to buy a Raptor 4 out of 5 wanted 10k over MSRP. One said MSRP. I went to the dealership, they showed me a list of what they had coming in and I bought one, they told me it would be in around Feb 15.

I will take your advise not to post any longer, it seems like the point of this forum is not to engage in interesting conversations about a common topic of interest but to correct spelling errors and question people's integrity.

You are a great group of people

He's got tight ******* that are in a bunch up his ass...don't mind him. Feel free to post all you want!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

This one sounds like ********. $10k over invoice would be about $5k over sticker so sounds pretty typical. But getting one for INVOICE or a little under, I call ********. Maybe MSRP but not invoice. Post up a pic of your deal blocking your personal details. Bet we will never see that legitimate picture.

I think he's confusing invoice for sticker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk