Bumper weight effect suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope I put this in the right place.

So is anyone having a rougher ride with the weight of a fully loaded, winch/multiple lights/shackles/train horns, aftermarket front bumper?? Do you have to go to midperch just to keep the ride smooth? More so asking how it effects the stock shocks.
Thanks for the help[emoji41]

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, and I think most on here would recommend you go to mid perch regardless of weight. It rides more in the "sweet spot" of the shock. And of course, with all that extra weight the extra ride height will be nice. The stock suspension is so soft on these trucks that they really are very weight sensitive in both the front and the back.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depending on the bumper weight, it may compress the front suspension back down to around stock height

OP
OP
JJ f150harley

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both on and off road, and its at midperch now just wondering how its gonna do with a few hundred more pounds up there. I'm guessing around 400lbs for the bumper.

And is it best to do a rear bumper too to kind of keep the weight even?

Thank you all for the help!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would definately want some more weight in the rear if i were you, shes gonna be nose heavy with all the extra added weight