Building a custom raptor pre runner the outlaw way..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New custom width Currie rear end has been ordered at this point so the rear width will match the front width of the truck. Still have the 4:88 gears front and rear. Been running with the stock rear axle and cornering is a bitch because of the different track widths of the front and rear. The end result is ending up to me being a better driver since I am seriously getting better with the setup as it is. Once finished, I am going to be tearing up the desert with the high speed sweepers :) Sirius has been installed so we have toons, Helmet intercom's installed along with push button for the race radio.

I will also add that while I have been beating the shit out of my truck, everything that Outlaw Raptor has built and their parts have not failed once. That alone says something for the quality of Outlaw Raptor builds and parts.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey SPRSNK,

Do you have any thoughts on using wheel spacers in the rear to match the front width on a long travel setup like yours? I've been thinking about this lately as I consider options for my truck. While I know it would be ideal to do a full custom rear like you've done, do you think a truck could get by for a while with a good billet spacer in the rear?

Can't wait to see yours complete.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
What are the cv shafts you are using ? Looking at the pics your angles aren't as aggressive as the ones on oem top perch suspension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the cv shafts you are using ? Looking at the pics your angles aren't as aggressive as the ones on oem top perch suspension.

The CV's are 300m and are about 3" longer then stock.

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would that run on a stock suspension top perch ?

It would not long travel only.... Your stock CV's should never have a problem with he angel their at. Are you having a problem ?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would not long travel only.... Your stock CV's should never have a problem with he angel their at. Are you having a problem ?

Yep, top perch killed mine! Upgrading to RCV unless one of our awesome vendor offers them..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
yup i killed my steering gear assy, steering pump, and a 2nd CV shaft and 1 hub assembly with a missing bearing. Have a post somewhere with pics of the hub.
Yup what greg said upgrading to RSV asap, its a steep price for CV shafts (ive been ordering ford OEM recycled CV shafts, 110$ and works fine 1 yr warranty). It's just so weird how you guys jump these ******* yet guys that deal with other terrain mud/WATER ect are having these problems.

The angle of the CV shafts on top perch sometimes looks bizarre, it's like you can kinda see the joints are twisted up due to the top perch. so i was just wondering apart from RCV shafts what you guys were using. I'm trying to figure out a way i can toughen up my truck. Or not do the stupid stuff i do... hmm :)

Last edited: