Brenthel long travel install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question. You said you use it for work every day. What do you do for a living? That sounds like the sweetest job ever

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pipeline construction project supervisor.
Do everything from municipal water lines to oil lines. Project I just finished was a 27 kilometre long 20" raw water supply line for a SAGD plant.

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update.
Broke a drivers side cv joint, and decided to pull it out along with the rest of the 4wd stuff.
I am finding zero issues with getting stuck, the lt lets you carry more speed through big mud holes and what not without losing momentum when you hit those hidden ruts and holes that are hiding under the water.
I'm liking it enough that I've ordered brenthel's 2wd spindle to replace the 4wd ones. They provide a lift to the front end, with less spring preload, and provide better geometry for the suspension compared to any 4wd setup.
Note the relationship of the center of the wheel to the lower control arm in this picture of the 2wd spindles:
image.jpg1_zpsqvdkkr4w.jpg

The giant ddl kit is also about ready to go on, just waiting on the bed cage to be finished.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah hurry up with the giant ddl, I want to see that ish.

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah hurry up with the giant ddl, I want to see that ish.

Shoot, me too.
It was paid for a long time ago.
After Giant had built my ddl kit and specified the shocks from king, they told me they had a jig for building f150 bed cages specifically for the ddl kit.
So I added that on to the order.
It's been the hold up for over a month now, starting to wish I'd simply gone with plan A and built my own...

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope my jealousy doesn't reflect in my bank account lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk