Braking issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pghraptor

Reaction score
I moved up to a 2012 screw from a 2012 dodge ram 1500. Absolutely love the truck. The only real difference I hate is the Raptor feels like a big rig to stop. Is this normal. I mean I really have to stomp on the brakes to get this big boy to stop. Wasn't sure if it was just the way this truck operates. Thanks for the help all.

OP
OP
P

Pghraptor

Reaction score
Ok let me clarify, maybe stomp on was to harsh. I know it's heavy and I have had other trucks. This one just seems a bit harder to stop.

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I know what you mean....the brakes dont seem to have enough power for the weight of the truck....honestly I do feel the same way as they certainly could be more aggressive for paved road use.

One also has to be careful here as well because to aggressive of a brake doesn't work well in soft road materials....so I think the balance between power and drivability is pretty good overall.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I moved up to a 2012 screw from a 2012 dodge ram 1500. Absolutely love the truck. The only real difference I hate is the Raptor feels like a big rig to stop. Is this normal. I mean I really have to stomp on the brakes to get this big boy to stop. Wasn't sure if it was just the way this truck operates. Thanks for the help all.

I had an older Dodge Ram 1500 and both m 2012 and my 2014 stop like a dream compared to the Dodge, something does not sound right.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, something is up. The brakes on my Raptor feel grabby and aggressive compared to the wife's FX4.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum, Pghraptor! I'd recommend bringing this to the attention of your dealership so they can check it out. How many miles are on the truck?

Crystal

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assumed you purchased used? Who knows what the previous owner did so I would check the entire system from reservoir to the calipers/pads/disc.

BTW I have a 2013 and my brakes are very good considering the raptor weighs in at 6000 pounds.