Brake upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jpro39

Reaction score
Anyone upgrade their brakes? Ordered a 2024 raptor but heard the brakes are bad in terms of performance.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just saw an add for a new alcon big brake set for gen3s the other day. want to say it was $4kish

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

A solid upgrade package thats well above stock without breaking the bank available through us. We also carry the Wilwood kits for $1595 front and rear rotors/pads can be paired for $400.

Alcons as well releasing their front rotors/pads in mid March for $4100 and we are taking pre-orders on them. Lemme know if you have any questions id be glad to help!

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could just drive it and see what you think. It’s not an exciting suggestion, but it’s the only real one. Congrats on the 2024 order!

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First I'm going to be "that guy"... SEARCH!!! As I've authored an informative Alcon thread myself amongst the MANY threads. Did that to help people since I was SEARCHING too. Second, make sure the threads pertain to your model year (that info MAY NOT be in a thread about your model year). As in find out what years what changes which is what are in the threads we are telling you to search for. LAST, if you are not willing to to the former two on your own, and learn on your own, I "hear" that best upgrade for you is probably the Ford Police package brake pads with the rotors you have and just leave it well enough alone.

goodboyralph

Reaction score
$4100 for the Alcon package is WILD! I'm sure they're great, but I've heard great things about the Wilwoods as well...and for less than half the price.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I find the brakes on this truck to be more than adequate and exceed my expectations for the close hard braking I’ve done so far. I’d at least drive the truck and wear down the pads some to see for yourself. Put that money into some lighting or other mods.