GEN 2 Blue smoke...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
Disclaimer - I AM NOT a mechanic. I have a 2018 Gen2 with 14k pampered miles. On Monday, I did a navigation update which, for anyone that has never done one, the vehicle idles for 45 minutes to an hour and can't be interrupted. So that was Monday afternoon. Yesterday, we decided to take it for a run and when I started it, it was puffing blue smoke from the exhaust. Not a lot but enough to see in the daylight. No error messages, no rough idle, nothing abnormal. We ran it and I kept a close eye on it at each stop and it was fine. No more smoke. Punched it a few times and it took off like a ***** ape as always. Could this be simply the result of the extended idle or a sign of a pending issue? Only other change in my routine is I recently started running 91 where I used to run 87 octane.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This is a known phenomenon for the F150, you idle for a long time and get a bunch of condensation built up and blow it out the exhaust. It’s a feature designed to help you evade the authorities when you’re **** nefarious stuff. smoke screen on demand i think it’s called.

:cool: