Best aggressive sounding exhaust setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can be extreme and go with catless headers and straight pipes. You can go loud with the above mentioned suggestion or something similar. You can keep the drone out with the SW headers and corsa exhaust but still be loud when you stomp it and a nice rumble at idle.

This is exactly what I'll be having done in a few weeks. Kooks catless headers with straight pipe to a lightning style exit.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the @dirtydeeds system that @CrownOffroad is having a group buy on right now. I think it sounds great, but it isn't the loudest, meanest sound. I know it can be made louder if you ask Keith, but I didn't want mine that way. It is definitely louder than stock, but not crazy, which was exactly what I wanted.

My biggest compliment on the system is the industrial nature of it. It is made out of heavier tubing than most exhaust systems I've seen. Did a little rock crawling in Death Valley this weekend and there is a small dent in the exhaust now instead of a pinch or collapsed tube. Plus, Keith will fix any damage to the exhaust, even if it is caused by off-roading.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Marylandspeed gave me an insane deal on kooks headers when I ordered today. Definitely check with them if you are in the market.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borla 40349 muffler and Corsa resonator delete pipe. Have about $350 invested with installation and it sounds great with absolutely no drone.

Steelhead

Reaction score
Borla off-road/racing headers (no cats) with factory resonator in to Borla S-Type cutback system. Mikes 5-star tune. It is an animal set up!! Loud n proud and way better low end torque off the line compared to the SW LT headers . Mind you the SW headers with bola s_type is awesome too. A little more drone and slower off the line but sound is awesome. Pick your beast!!

Last edited:

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love the sound of my Dirty Deeds system. Not the loudest but I have the 16" muffler. What I like is the sound is deep without all that "rattle" like the diesel guys like and no drone! reminds me of the old muscle cars I grew up with.

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
Most aggressive exhaust

I'm wanting an aggressive exhaust for my raptor. I have an 04 cobra with the borla stinger and want something close to it. The truck isn't my daily driver so I'm not concerned about drone. I've been looking at the three most popular, Corsa extreme, borla, and the Ford racing. Which one is the most aggressive?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I'm wanting an aggressive exhaust for my raptor. I have an 04 cobra with the borla stinger and want something close to it. The truck isn't my daily driver so I'm not concerned about drone. I've been looking at the three most popular, Corsa extreme, borla, and the Ford racing. Which one is the most aggressive?

Stainless works headers, high flow cats or no cats, x-pipe, and s-tube dual mufflers /endthread