bed tie down points?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's damn hard to tie down smaller objects in the bed with the factory points. They are just too high

are there any good aftermarket solutions to hold things to the bottom of the bed nice?

don't want or need any $300 solutions for elaborate amounts of off road gear tied to the sides of the bed.

a bed cover is a good solution. just don't really want one of those either.

Last edited:

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's damn hard to tie down smaller objects in the bed with the factory points. They are just too high

are there any good aftermarket solutions to hold things to the bottom of the bed nice?

don't want or need any $300 solutions for elaborate amounts of off road gear tied to the sides of the bed.

a bed cover is a good solution. just don't really want one of those either.
I’m going to do something along these lines. You can get a matching piece of aluminum to go under the bed to increase the strength. These would almost be flush in the “valleys” of the bed.

US Cargo Control Aluminum L Track Tie Down System - 8 Piece Powersports Kit Includes 4 Foot L Track and Single Stud Fittings https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NUU4MLK/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the direction i'm talking about. Don't need anything strong enough to hold an elephant.

except i'm not drilling new holes. and the spring system for the hooks looks questionable for anything you actually don't want flying out of the bed.

Last edited:

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to drill and want low tie down points you basically got 2 options at that point.

1) D-Rings at the factory bed bolts.
2) Builtright industries bedside rack system.

With the bedside rack system though the only "low" points you are going to get are going to be by the tailgate.

Also if you do the D-Rings keep in mind that Ford has those bed bolts as single use only. So you're supposed to replace them if you take them off.

OP
OP
txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to drill and want low tie down points you basically got 2 options at that point.

1) D-Rings at the factory bed bolts.
2) Builtright industries bedside rack system.

With the bedside rack system though the only "low" points you are going to get are going to be by the tailgate.

Also if you do the D-Rings keep in mind that Ford has those bed bolts as single use only. So you're supposed to replace them if you take them off.

great. happen to know where some good factory bed bolt D rings are?
good point on the single use. I'd be happy to use those as an attachment point

no interest in the overpriced builtright racks. I did check them out already though

OP
OP
txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CGXSNC0/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

a tie down solution that isn't $300 say it ain't so.

not planning on replacing the bolts or clips despite them being designed that way.

I would be surprised if at the ford factory. when building trucks they actually wait to install the bolts AFTER the bedliner is sprayed.

I bet they build all the trucks raw. Then remove the bolts for the trucks getting a spray in liner, then reuse those trucks bolts and clips.

anyhow. I get they are self threading clips. Some blue locktite is going to be used for insurance.

Last edited: