Bed Misaligned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should check you gas nozzle because when removing your bed, you have to disconnect the hose. If your bed moved enough to hit the cab then you may have damage to the gas hose.

Left the bed bolts off and drove it. Bed moved out of place and damaged the cab.

I need someones help here. The bed obviously moved and hit the cab. My question to anyone who has taken off the bed is...is there a mount before the frame that could bend? I am thinking of just taking it to a body shop for repairs.

Also is there any way that the bed cause frame damage? Doesnt seem likely to me.

--When in doubt, Throttle out--
Sent with my iPad

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

How do you plan on fixing it. Please keep me posted. Does it look like your bed moved?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Do you have pics? Is the bed still hitting the cab or are there just scratches where the bed hit the cab?

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see the bed off by 3/4 inch on this one

20130925_105638_zps43f13ddd.jpg

Close up of damage to cab

20130925_105525_zps609ad0f2.jpg

Other side ding

20130925_105543_zps1a74c487.jpg

********got an estimate from a private shop today $1500 mostly due to labor....removing parts, etc.

May just touch it up, get the bed fixed (prob the bed mounts) then go from there.

Sent with my iPad

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ Unfortunately the bed will move as in the above picture touching the cab while offroading. It's the nature of the beast without a caged bed and so forth.

Side note: my bed is slightly off, but frame 100% true as from factory. Which leads me to believe it probably was never perfect.

... Doesn't look too terrible to me. Beat her around a little to add a few dents/scratches and it'll be less noticeable :waytogo: .

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cab has the same markings from thrashing at the dunes. There's a lot of flexing going on in the back when your on the throttle in the rough and chopped up terrain. I just look at the small dents, pinstripes, scratches and blown shocks that I have to rebuild again as a sense of accomplishment!

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even before this incident Ive been thinking about trading in on a SCab. Do you think the dealer would take the truck back for a trade with this issue or should i get it fixed before going in? I am at least going to touch up the paint and hoping i can get the bed aligned.

I know its probably a stupid question but just throwing it out there. Whats done is done. Honestly i kind of like the battle scars.

Sent with my iPad

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cab has the same markings from thrashing at the dunes. There's a lot of flexing going on in the back when your on the throttle in the rough and chopped up terrain. I just look at the small dents, pinstripes, scratches and blown shocks that I have to rebuild again as a sense of accomplishment!

I have one unexplained mark in the wrap on my truck where it looks like the top corner of the bed touched the C-pillar of the cab.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even before this incident Ive been thinking about trading in on a SCab. Do you think the dealer would take the truck back for a trade with this issue or should i get it fixed before going in? I am at least going to touch up the paint and hoping i can get the bed aligned.

I know its probably a stupid question but just throwing it out there. Whats done is done. Honestly i kind of like the battle scars.

Sent with my iPad

I love my Scab! The original. Touch up the paint and trade it in and sign paperwork at night. I used to be in the car biz. Not my favorite job. Paid the bills.