Bed Misaligned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is starting to sink in. If I removed all of the bolts that held the bed in place and drove it for a good 500 miles - WHAT the HELL kept the bed from flying off the truck? There's gotta be something else holding this in place.

Sent with my Galaxy Note 2

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left the bed bolts off and drove it. Bed moved out of place and damaged the cab.

I need someones help here. The bed obviously moved and hit the cab. My question to anyone who has taken off the bed is...is there a mount before the frame that could bend? I am thinking of just taking it to a body shop for repairs.

Also is there any way that the bed cause frame damage? Doesnt seem likely to me.

--When in doubt, Throttle out--
Sent with my iPad

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

my bed and cab are now crooked after havoc... i think we know the reason why. going to be getting creative on how to fix it lol.

How do you plan on fixing it. Please keep me posted. Does it look like your bed moved?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sliver Raptor bent his rear cab mount. It appeard the bed was mis aligned but upon further investigation, it was the cab mount that bent, and bent big, dropped the back corner of the cab about 2 inches.

The bed bolts directly to the frame, so unless you twisted your frame start looking at the cab mounts.