Bed liner overspray removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dirtlvr

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe they wasted that product when Ford says a they have a shortage.

Where are you in NC? I would spray a bug and tar remover on in the shade and let it sit for 10 minutes, spray with water. I would then clay the spot and keep some sort of lubrication on it, anything that isn't a quick wax or sealant type spray. If that doesn't work I would let the dealer handle it before trying anything else because its a darker color.
Asheville

My buddy said he’s had good luck with Goof Off. Ordered some tonight along with some plastic razor blades.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Asheville

My buddy said he’s had good luck with Goof Off. Ordered some tonight along with some plastic razor blades.
The clay bar and plastic razor blades should work. Used it recently for some concrete splatter I picked up driving and must have let sit too long. Goof off for the remaining spray. You will definitely need to do a paint correction after but if you’re careful with the razor blades it shouldn’t be too bad. Use a detail spray as lubrication when using the blades and clay.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just let the dealer fix it!!! How much did you pay for the truck? A new truck!! F that... dealer/Ford needs to fix it!!

Now you got me paranoid!! I ordered mine with spray bedliner and my truck is in route to dealer.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just let the dealer fix it!!! How much did you pay for the truck? A new truck!! F that... dealer/Ford needs to fix it!!

Now you got me paranoid!! I ordered mine with spray bedliner and my truck is in route to dealer.
100%…he prolly doesn’t have a second vehicle to drive while it’s at the dealer. Even still, they’ll give you a loaner if it’s going to be a few days.

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would use a good rubber eraser wheel then clay bar but as other stated... I would have the dealership fix it because they will repaint if they screw up as opposed to you having to pay to fix anything you f'up.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would use a good rubber eraser wheel then clay bar but as other stated... I would have the dealership fix it because they will repaint if they screw up as opposed to you having to pay to fix anything you f'up.
You can only tell a man so many times to have the dealer fix it. Let him be the hero and potentially F it up.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Asheville

If alcohol didn't work, goof off will most likely not work. Plastic razor blades will still show scratches on black paint, be careful

I lived west of Bryson City for awhile, I miss the quiet.

OP
OP
dirtlvr

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer has my back. They requested pictures which I sent them. They then said to give it a try at home and if I can't fix it, they will do it. Can't hurt to try and it may save me from having to give them my truck for a few days.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the factory ordered bedliner is done at the dealership. So they’re offering to fix their own mess up.
Ordered on build bedliner is done at the factory. Aftermarket is done by rhino liner or other 3rd party.