Bed liner overspray removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has a decent amount of (factory installed) bed liner overspray on the lower right cab trim piece. My detailer/ceramic pro installer tried a little denatured alcohol per advice from local Line X installer and that did not work.

My dealer said they'd fix it as warranty claim. but was hoping for a DIY fix. Worst case is I can get a new trim piece. Maybe they even come painted?

Anyone have any succus removing bed liner overspray? If so, please share.

Thanks.

Attachments

• overspray.jpg
    overspray.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 219

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had to deal with anything like that but is extremely disappointing! Don't they usually cover the whole cab and bed sides when they spray these?

OP
OP
dirtlvr

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had to deal with anything like that but is extremely disappointing! Don't they usually cover the whole cab and bed sides when they spray these?
You would think so… but doesn’t appear to be the case. That part in the picture got the worst of it, but there is some on the door and cab above that piece too. I’ll be happy if we can fix that small piece. I’m not going to have them touch the cab or door.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe they wasted that product when Ford says a they have a shortage.

Where are you in NC? I would spray a bug and tar remover on in the shade and let it sit for 10 minutes, spray with water. I would then clay the spot and keep some sort of lubrication on it, anything that isn't a quick wax or sealant type spray. If that doesn't work I would let the dealer handle it before trying anything else because its a darker color.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do you want to forego letting your dealer fix it even after your detailer couldn’t do it?

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory bed liners are installed at the mod shop after they leave the assembly line. The last I heard is that they had a shortage of skilled workers and they are behind schedule.