bed cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
Bakflip F1 all the way.
Also, the manufacturer recommends you remove the cover itself (not the rails) if you do any really serious off-roading. Takes about ten minutes, tops.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder what the reason for that would be.

I didn't see anything in their literature about taking it off for serious off-roading when I bought mine...BakFlip F1 : BakFlip.com | BAK Chat:wtf2:

I remember reading on the Z where a member tore his up from doing some serious off roading. It must flex and bounce around too much. It would only take a few mins to take it off just fold it back and take out the couple screws. slide it in the back seat then reinstall it when you are on your way home.

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
I remember reading on the Z where a member tore his up from doing some serious off roading. It must flex and bounce around too much. It would only take a few mins to take it off just fold it back and take out the couple screws. slide it in the back seat then reinstall it when you are on your way home.

I saw that too and I contacted the manufacturer before buying mine and they said that it's a good idea to remove it during extreme wheeling. Probably has to do with bed flex. It's no big deal because it's very simple to remove.

Gata12

Reaction score
Thats why I ask, I will probably go with the bakflip f1...sounds like a no brainer!! thanks