Battery replacement recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeWads

Reaction score
Yellow top would be my choice. It's a starting and deep-cycle battery. It's suggested for vehicles that have a higher electrical load (GPS, audio systems, off-road lights, winches, etc.)

Red = starting only
Blue = geared more torward marine applications

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noah
I sent you a PM about battery question.

I have three Tsunami 2150's in my boat. Time for replacements. Don't want to break the bank though. Boat is MB B-52 23V. PCM ZR6 motor, Audio is 6000 watts with 5 12 inch subs, 8 amps, and multiple other speakers. It was custom by Tim at Wet Sounds. Any advice. It's not my truck that needs replacing yet.

Thanks
did you get my reply?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I have the Yellow. Had a Red and it died.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Yellow Optima.jpg
    Yellow Optima.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 897

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the red is not a deep cycle. so it will die faster since it wasnt designed to be drained and charged multiple times. it provides more cca

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I may get slammed for this one, but I have never actually bought anything other than a Duralast. I have put them in almost every vehicle I have owned and never had to replace one and never had any issues with draining them or leaking or anything else for that matter. That being said, none of my previous vehicles had any kind of major aftermarket electrical equipment, they may have gone off road, but not jumpin' at 60-70 mph, etc. So, would they be a good choice for the Raptor? IDK, but I have never had one go bad on me.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
You know, I may get slammed for this one, but I have never actually bought anything other than a Duralast. I have put them in almost every vehicle I have owned and never had to replace one and never had any issues with draining them or leaking or anything else for that matter. That being said, none of my previous vehicles had any kind of major aftermarket electrical equipment, they may have gone off road, but not jumpin' at 60-70 mph, etc. So, would they be a good choice for the Raptor? IDK, but I have never had one go bad on me.

Duralast goes in all the farm vehicles since AutoZone is just up the road.

No complaints here.