Banks Ram-Air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hows2nd

Reaction score
My mother's sister's brother's cousin works for Banks, and we have it on good authority that they're coming out with a white letter version that's worth another 15.5 ft-lbs and 22.7 bhp.

:ROFLJest:

I didn't know that this thread was about your family tree… nobody has talked about gains.. Just about their opinions about the intake they purchased or thinking about purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know that this thread was about your family tree… nobody has talked about gains.. Just about their opinions about the intake they purchased or thinking about purchasing.

Ouch...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

So it gets air from the OEM box at the bottom and from their box on top?
Wonder if you can close up their opening when off-roading when its really dusty, without any issues? I've been staying with stock because of all the dirt/dust that happens with open systems.

Hows2nd

Reaction score

Wonder if you can close up their opening when off-roading when its really dusty, without any issues? I've been staying with stock because of all the dirt/dust that happens with open systems.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Yes, it utilizes the bottom half of the OEM box. I don't think you have any issues closing up the ram air portion if you were doing some heavy off roading in dusty conditions. It would be as simple as closing it off with tape.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't "ram air" be "ram water" in a good heavy rain? If the filter gets wet, it'll lose its filtration characteristics until it is dried out.

Take 1 look at the photo, it's not a true "ram air". And guys drive all the time with open element filters with NO box whatsoever. The fact that this box has 1 opening on the front side doesn't mean it's going to get wet in a little rain. There's hundreds of thousands of vehicles out there with open element filters and no water issues from driving in rain.

Now offroading and pounding puddles, I'd be slightly concerned, but again, still 10000xs better than an open element style intake that tons of guys run (roush, AFE without a lid, K&N, airaid, etc.).

Also on a practical side, it's an oil gauze filter, it REPELS water, it's not going to soak water up. And you could even hit a big puddle and splash some in there, most will just run to the bottom of the box and not drench the entire filter. You'd have to sit there with a super soaker spraying it in the tiny inlet opening to really get the filter wet and get it to ingest water.

1 piece of duct tape and bam, it's enclosed just like the factory air box if you're hitting seriously dirty conditions that you need to seal it off like a factory box.

OK I can sell these for $358.75 shipped

This is for the 2010-2014 Ford F150 Raptor with the 6.2L engine.

Banks Ram-Air intake system
Part numbers 41882(oil) & 41882-D(dry)

gbe-41882_xl.jpg

gbe-41882_sn_xl.jpg

how long is that price good till?!

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Take 1 look at the photo, it's not a true "ram air". And guys drive all the time with open element filters with NO box whatsoever. The fact that this box has 1 opening on the front side doesn't mean it's going to get wet in a little rain. There's hundreds of thousands of vehicles out there with open element filters and no water issues from driving in rain.

Now offroading and pounding puddles, I'd be slightly concerned, but again, still 10000xs better than an open element style intake that tons of guys run (roush, AFE without a lid, K&N, airaid, etc.).

Also on a practical side, it's an oil gauze filter, it REPELS water, it's not going to soak water up. And you could even hit a big puddle and splash some in there, most will just run to the bottom of the box and not drench the entire filter. You'd have to sit there with a super soaker spraying it in the tiny inlet opening to really get the filter wet and get it to ingest water.

1 piece of duct tape and bam, it's enclosed just like the factory air box if you're hitting seriously dirty conditions that you need to seal it off like a factory box.

how long is that price good till?!

It's good for now until I get told other wise.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You've got ten posts here, and you want to tell me how to post on this forum? Naaaaa. Couldn't be.

D

Deleted member 12951

I might just get this one, I like it. Would be cool if it had an optional cover to close the opening if needed instead of duct tape.