Bakflip VP Tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Just wanted to follow up on this post. I ordered my BakFlip MX4 from Rick@FreedomMotorsports on Tuesday, Nov. 29 and it arrived about 5 days later in perfect condition. Now, if only Ford could match Rick's delivery prowess and get my truck here in the next 5 days...

Thanks again Rick for a great deal and impressive delivery schedule.

Thanks Bill for your kind words. I am glad I was able to provide you that cover for your new raptor and if I had any power, I would get your truck to you tomorrow. If you ever need anything else, please do not hesitate to give me a shot again.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a VP since they were introduced in '12. It was pretty good for the first couple of years but the glue started breaking down and the weather stripping started to come loose from the underside. Didn't seem like a big deal at first but now, a couple of years later it sucks. The cover gets water in it and soaks into the foam from the underside at all of the bends. In the winter the water freezes, swells up the foam, and makes the cover one solid piece that can't be folded...or really even opened for that matter. In the summer it holds water inside it so its very heavy to fold up and constantly seeps water inside the bed. I don't use mine hard at all. In fact, it's been babied it's entire life. I bet I've folded it up to put large items in the bed less than 6 times in the last 4 years. It look great on the outside and serves the purpose of keeping most rainwater and snow out but i'm disappointed in the overall quality. Just my experience.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have seen the same complaints including sagging panels all over the web. Therefore I'm not purchasing a backflip at all. Is this typical early wear with other hard covers?

OP
OP
M

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to say the Bakfilp VP is a fantastic looking hard tonneau. It's completely flat with the bed and has zero section creases visible on top. Really like the look, and it opens and closes effortlessly and props open on the cab safe and secure. My only complaint is that I have to open the cover in order to close the tailgate -- usually not a problem, but can be with hands full of groceries, but worst case with hands full I just open the first section all the way back, get stuff out and set down as needed, then close the cover then tailgate.

I also want to give a huge shout out to Bakflip for fantastic customer service. I ordered my VP cover though a Sears Marketplace seller b/c I was able to get a huge discount that way (50%+), but I did not receive a hardware bag. The cover was ordered in January and I didn't get my truck and have a chance to put it on until last month when I noticed it was missing. I called Bakflip and they overnighted a hardware bag for free!

Attachments

• IMG_6210.jpg
    IMG_6210.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6209.jpg
    IMG_6209.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6208.jpg
    IMG_6208.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like your truck color! You must have my luck. Now that we have them, and yes I have same gripe, they have come out with one that you don't have to open before you close tailgate. I called, there is no reto fit for ours dang it!

OP
OP
M

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like your truck color! You must have my luck. Now that we have them, and yes I have same gripe, they have come out with one that you don't have to open before you close tailgate. I called, there is no reto fit for ours dang it!

Well shit, I did not know that. Guess that's why I got a deal...