Baja mode, can you use it on the freeway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to experience the full beans with the turbos spooled up, without the worry of rock chips eating at my paint. For those of you who have had the chance to do high speed off roading, and don't care about your paint job being shredded, is there a massive difference in response between sport mode and baja mode. Or is it more about handling.
FYI I've not had my Raptor long and have not had much time behind the wheel, because of work amongst other things, and I have yet to mash the pedal to the floor. But tonight while in Oakland CA I pushed down harder on the gas than I've ever done while climbing up an on ramp to the freeway , and its always a great feeling when one can eat the Range Rover in the other lane, and that said the power this beast has to get up and go is mindblowing to me, I have yet to feel confident enough to really floor it. Its going to take a bit of getting use to. Never had this kind of power before.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wanting to experience the full beans with the turbos spooled up, without the worry of rock chips eating at my paint. For those of you who have had the chance to do high speed off roading, and don't care about your paint job being shredded, is there a massive difference in response between sport mode and baja mode. Or is it more about handling.
FYI I've not had my Raptor long and have not had much time behind the wheel, because of work amongst other things, and I have yet to mash the pedal to the floor. But tonight while in Oakland CA I pushed down harder on the gas than I've ever done while climbing up an on ramp to the freeway , and its always a great feeling when one can eat the Range Rover in the other lane, and that said the power this beast has to get up and go is mindblowing to me, I have yet to feel confident enough to really floor it. Its going to take a bit of getting use to. Never had this kind of power before.

Ummm, yeah, ok I guess. You da man!!!

Maxcap

Reaction score
Baja mode

Just spent a day off road with my Raptor. Half of it was on hunting trails and service roads, and half a day in the sand on a beach. Pretty much stuck to 4A (normal mode) on the trails, and thru large areas of pooling water and mud. There were spots that allowed for higher speeds, and switching between L & H is a pain. 4A handled everything just fine.

I didn't really air the tires down much, and 4A on the beach didn't provide enough low end torque or traction. Baja mode was awesome and perfect for the conditions (sand dunes and hills, along with wide open beach driving 70mph+. It starts in 4L, then auto switches to 4H along with setting the traction controls and other nanny's as needed.

Going to add some pics and video, but apparently need to dumb down the file sizes to comply with FRF.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just spent a day off road with my Raptor. Half of it was on hunting trails and service roads, and half a day in the sand on a beach. Pretty much stuck to 4A (normal mode) on the trails, and thru large areas of pooling water and mud. There were spots that allowed for higher speeds, and switching between L & H is a pain. 4A handled everything just fine.

I didn't really air the tires down much, and 4A on the beach didn't provide enough low end torque or traction. Baja mode was awesome and perfect for the conditions (sand dunes and hills, along with wide open beach driving 70mph+. It starts in 4L, then auto switches to 4H along with setting the traction controls and other nanny's as needed.

Going to add some pics and video, but apparently need to dumb down the file sizes to comply with FRF.

Wait what? 4a does not switch between 4l&4h it only engages 4wd through a clutch in the tc. All in high gear range.. speaking of high range, can you please send me some of that shit you've been smoking?

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smokeshow60, was thinking the same thing. 4L to 4H? . Never heard of that one before. Maybe he will clear that one up for us.

D

Deleted member 12951

Don’t think he is switching at any speed because you cannot. Think he just means its a pain to switch between them because you have to stop to do so and stop again to switch out.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t think he is switching at any speed because you cannot. Think he just means its a pain to switch between them because you have to stop to do so and stop again to switch out.

Rick, he clearly stated it starts in 4low and then auto switches to 4hi. He's drunk.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

It starts in 4L, then auto switches to 4H along with setting the traction controls and other nanny's as needed.

See.