GEN 2 Baja Designs "Unlimited" front bumper light kit install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mounting bracket needs more adjustments build into it. That is one thing that is holding me back from ordering. I know I could make some minor adjustments to the holes but it should be build in. The center light is the one that needs the most help.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_1838.jpg IMG_1839.jpg IMG_1841.jpg Finally wired up my Unlimited kit to two switches. The Squadron Pros and the S2 Pros to switch 1 and the Racers to switch 2. When I first started mounting them I had the bracket on the wrong side, so the lights were too close to the bumper and it just wasn't going right. I switched sides with the mounts and everything fits perfectly. I mounted the Racers in between the Sq Pros and S2 Pros. I took it out in the dark with no trees around and adjusted the light beams where I think they help me the most. I had them too low initially when eyeballing them perpendicular to the plane of the truck. As it turns out, I really don't need the Racers on unless I'm going pretty damn fast!

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, for $1400 I would expect better quality of the cheapest parts of the Unlimited kit - the wiring!

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, for $1400 I would expect better quality of the cheapest parts of the Unlimited kit - the wiring!

Yeah, the problem is the final assembly of the terminals. The wiring and hardware are top grade, but the terminals aren't crimped properly on a few of the ends. I always modify the wiring to fit my liking anyway, so it didn't really affect me. I ditched the vampire style clips and used my own supply of weatherproof crimp and heat-shrink connectors.

The difference in the BD kit levels is the quality/output of the LEDs and their optics. The wiring is the same for each of the Raptor bumper kits.

turn-r-us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys so how does the bracket go. Do you use it in a way to inset the lights or the opposite. 1st photo or 2nd? The 1st photo would push the lights out more and the second will inset them.

AB9204B4-1AF1-4C49-9116-9F8D6FD1BB30.jpeg

6FD4262F-8FEA-4727-9FAE-9278E11A12B5.jpeg

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn r us , can not help you but please have some installed pictures. I'm looking to install baja designs kit, but the inner most light is always blocked. I do not want to spend this kind of money to have half of the light blocked.

OP
OP
halogrinder

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've upgraded my bumper, and thus the brackets are available if someone wants to do their own set up.
you'll notice it fits better with them closer to the bumper rather than away.