Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vsayler

Reaction score
Problems installing S8 bar behind grill

As I study the installation pictures further (I had to get the instructions online and blow them up to see the detail) I see that I must have the wrong brackets, they didn't include the wiring and instructions in the box either so it must have been a messed up shipping process...... I got these through the group buy with Freedom Motorsports but I think Baja handled the shipping.

I called last week and they are ground shipping the wiring harness and I won't get them until this coming Wednesday, now new brackets will delay my install even longer.....

These are the brackets that I have and the next picture is from the instructions and if you zoom in its fuzzy but it appears that the brackets are supposed to be much larger.

Attachments

• IMG_1608.jpg
    IMG_1608.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 105
  • s8.jpg
    s8.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 117

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't got around to doing mine yet but I noticed the instruction sheet does not show how the brackets are supposed to mount.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I study the installation pictures further (I had to get the instructions online and blow them up to see the detail) I see that I must have the wrong brackets, they didn't include the wiring and instructions in the box either so it must have been a messed up shipping process...... I got these through the group buy with Freedom Motorsports but I think Baja handled the shipping.

I called last week and they are ground shipping the wiring harness and I won't get them until this coming Wednesday, now new brackets will delay my install even longer.....

These are the brackets that I have and the next picture is from the instructions and if you zoom in its fuzzy but it appears that the brackets are supposed to be much larger.

The brackets that I have:

Attachments

• 20170430_085032.jpg
    20170430_085032.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 76

vsayler

Reaction score
Ironhorse, thanks for the picture of the brackets. Is the bracket on the right actually 2 brackets wired tied together? I am wondering what the piece on the left side is for....

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Van, I just emailed you. We will contact Baja Designs and make sure you are taken care of.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ironhorse, thanks for the picture of the brackets. Is the bracket on the right actually 2 brackets wired tied together? I am wondering what the piece on the left side is for....

Both of them are 2 brackets zip tied together. Looks like Rick has you covered.