Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just wanted to poke my head in here and say THANK YOU to everyone who has been so patient with these kits. I know Baja Designs (and us) never expected this sort of demand for these kits and we are all doing our best to not only get your product out, but to keep you updated during the process as well

Thank you again
-AO

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Bailey, questions for you: Is there space between the 30" S8 and the grill to put a black cover over the light bar? I was thinking that would almost make the lights invisible behind the grill to deter theft.

And any status update on that lower grill light bar kit?

Thanks!

There isn't much room back there so it would require a little finesse to attach the rock guard. I haven't installed rock guards on the 30" S8 behind the grille so I can't guarantee it will work or not.
Based on everything I've seen, The Rock Guard most likely will fit with a little patience.

We do have the S8 Black Rock Guard here:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/S8-Rock-Guard-Black.asp

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Just wanted to poke my head in here and say THANK YOU to everyone who has been so patient with these kits. I know Baja Designs (and us) never expected this sort of demand for these kits and we are all doing our best to not only get your product out, but to keep you updated during the process as well

Thank you again
-AO

This^ Thank You to all of our customers who are understanding and very patient. Like said above, we had NO idea we would receive so many Raptor orders!
We really appreciate it and will keep you in the loop on the current shipment dates and ETAs.

Thank You to @AlternativeOffroad and our other great dealers who are also being very patient and understanding.
We appreciate you keeping customers in the loop as we constantly update our lead times and shipment dates.

Thank You!
-Bailey, Baja Designs

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

We are currently experiencing longer lead times than normal. Most orders are shipping in 3-4 business days unless otherwise noted.
If you pay extra for NEXT, NEXT Day Saver, or Second Day shipping we will get your order out in 1 business day depending on when the order is placed.

2017 Raptor Kits, Shipment Dates
Sportsmen & Pro Fog Kit - Week of 4/10
Unlimited Fog Kit - SHIPMENT ETA COMING SOON
30" S8 Grille Kit - SHIPMENT ETA COMING SOON
Lower 10" OnX6 Hi-Power Kit - SHIPPING NOW (https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-F-150-Raptor-17-Lighting-Kits.asp)
S2 Sport Reverse Light Kit - Week of 4/10

Please call (800)422-5292 to confirm lead times and product availability.

Thank You!
-Bailey, Baja Designs

[email protected] - www.bajadesigns.com - (800)422-5292x114

Updated! We received lots of Racer boards in and quickly wiped out the inventory. Most were for these kits and we shipped many sets out! We are waiting for an ETA on those and S8 circuit boards from the local company that populates them.

Thank you for your patience everyone!

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Bailey! I'll wait until I install my S8 and see what the clearance is like before ordering rock guards.

So, the Onx6 lower grill kit is now available, sweet!

That brings up my next question. If I already ordered an S8 30" grill kit in the driving/combo config, would you recommend also getting the Onx6 in the driving/combo config? This will be for just casual and fun night time off-roading excursions in the desert and some mountain adventures, but I do love having lots of light when I'm out there. Thanks again!

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Bailey! I'll wait until I install my S8 and see what the clearance is like before ordering rock guards.

So, the Onx6 lower grill kit is now available, sweet!

That brings up my next question. If I already ordered an S8 30" grill kit in the driving/combo config, would you recommend also getting the Onx6 in the driving/combo config? This will be for just casual and fun night time off-roading excursions in the desert and some mountain adventures, but I do love having lots of light when I'm out there. Thanks again!

I would go with the Driving/Combo for the OnX6 10" Hi-Power since that particular light performs best in that pattern.

A big plus with our lights is the uService technology. This allows you to easily change lens patterns or colors in a matter of minutes (less than a minute sometimes).
If you feel you want more nearfield lighting all you need to buy is our Wide Driving Lens Kit found here (https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/onx6-injection-molded-wide-driving-lens-kit.asp)
For $19.95 (or less) you can fine tune your lighting setup per your driving style and lighting needs.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Replacement-Lenses.asp

uservice-ours-vs-theirs_2.jpg

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the Driving/Combo for the OnX6 10" Hi-Power since that particular light performs best in that pattern.

Do you guys have some actual pictures of this OnX6 10" Hi Power Kit installed on a 2017 Raptor?

I know a lot of us are chomping at the bit for these...and I also know a lot of guys have already lost patience and gone elsewhere...

I was holding strong so I could do ALL BD on my 17...My Fog pocket kit via Rick just shipped this week. ;-)

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mounted these are all the squadron pro and s2 pro.

I have the rear to mount later this week when I get time!

Angled down I have had no problems with driving them in traffic and I tend to use them as running lights. The optics are SO precise you can aim the lights and put the output where YOU want it... and that's why I can use them on the road.

I'm SO impressed with everything, including the quality and service

Attachments

• IMG_2433.jpg
    IMG_2433.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2453.jpg
    IMG_2453.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2454.jpg
    IMG_2454.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 145

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score

A big plus with our lights is the uService technology. This allows you to easily change lens patterns or colors in a matter of minutes (less than a minute sometimes).
If you feel you want more nearfield lighting all you need to buy is our Wide Driving Lens Kit found here (https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/onx6-injection-molded-wide-driving-lens-kit.asp)
For $19.95 (or less) you can fine tune your lighting setup per your driving style and lighting needs.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Replacement-Lenses.asp

uservice-ours-vs-theirs_2.jpg

Thank you, Bailey! Nick from Apollo Optics gave me a call and provided some helpful guidance on the matter. I ordered the new kit from him and will stick with the driving combo setup and see how that works for now. I also ordered an amber driving/combo lens for the Onx6 to try that out. It's great to have the option of trying out different configurations that BD offers. Just waitin' on the S8 and Onx6 now and will post when I've got everything installed. :biggrin:

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted these are all the squadron pro and s2 pro.

I have the rear to mount later this week when I get time!

Angled down I have had no problems with driving them in traffic and I tend to use them as running lights. The optics are SO precise you can aim the lights and put the output where YOU want it... and that's why I can use them on the road.

I'm SO impressed with everything, including the quality and service

Guy, be very careful about using them in traffic, regardless of where you have them pointed they are bright! All it will take is a law enforcement officer seeing the brightness and you'll be answering questions, like: "who makes your lights?, are they labeled as off road only? etc etc. At that point, you're in trouble.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you guys have some actual pictures of this OnX6 10" Hi Power Kit installed on a 2017 Raptor?

I know a lot of us are chomping at the bit for these...and I also know a lot of guys have already lost patience and gone elsewhere...

I was holding strong so I could do ALL BD on my 17...My Fog pocket kit via Rick just shipped this week. ;-)

We just have a couple prototype photos but will be getting more ASAP.

31582606923_b7451c2216_b.jpg

As you can tell it's not the best photo so we are trying to get more ASAP for everyone. We will have a truck coming in soon.