Baja Designs Behind Grill Kit with Laser Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Forgive my noob-ness but do these blind the car in front of you and would they be street legal? Don't want to get in trouble just for lights. Really liked the mod and am thinking on maybe dual 20". + the yellow fog lights
Noobness forgiven.

Yes, they will 100% dazzle / blind oncoming traffic or at the very least really, really annoy someone for being “lit up”. So don’t indiscriminately run around with them on like others here in TX and don’t be “that guy”. That said, they’re awesome at lighting up deserted TX roads with nothing on them but shoulders full of forest rats, hogs, armadillos, skunks and some I’ve not been able to make out yet.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just bought the same Laser Hybrid kit as Sparda. However, I went with Amber Squadron Pros for the fog lights. Hoping to find a window of good weather to install them all in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks to SPV. They were very helpful and their service/support is outstanding.

I have a IS Gen 3 Raptor so Sparda and I are twins
Nice! We want to see some Pics when you get them in! (@Sparda1123 too! LOL)

BTW, Because these were gaining popularity and the Laser and Laser Hybrids are basically built to order. We ordered some for the shelf and have ONE SET left on hand with no wait if anyone else wants to get a set like this.
We can of course get more and will, but it took I want to say 6-8 weeks to get them.

John

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just bought the same Laser Hybrid kit as Sparda. However, I went with Amber Squadron Pros for the fog lights. Hoping to find a window of good weather to install them all in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you for allowing us to earn your business!
We appreciate you!

-Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778
[email protected]

OP
OP
S

Sparda1123

Reaction score
Forgive my noob-ness but do these blind the car in front of you and would they be street legal? Don't want to get in trouble just for lights. Really liked the mod and am thinking on maybe dual 20". + the yellow fog lights
Definitely bright! I usually turn them off when I roll up on traffic. I thought at first that I can get away with being in the far right lane on the highway with oncoming traffic being several hundred meters away and they flash me every time. Where I live is a small town so if I'm out late there's usually no one on the road or its few and far between. I will be hitting up SPV soon to get some A-pillar LP4s to fill in the rest of my lighting package.

Nice! Post up the pics and impressions when you can! These things are grossly under rated. I'm hoping the off road community catches on like the firearms community that lumens don't tell the whole story with white light. It will hopefully drive company's into innovation in lighting tech like Baja.

OP
OP
S

Sparda1123

Reaction score
Nice! We want to see some Pics when you get them in! (@Sparda1123 too! LOL)

BTW, Because these were gaining popularity and the Laser and Laser Hybrids are basically built to order. We ordered some for the shelf and have ONE SET left on hand with no wait if anyone else wants to get a set like this.
We can of course get more and will, but it took I want to say 6-8 weeks to get them.

John
I'm so bad at taking pics! I promise I'm trying to get better! I have no excuse either cause I'm out after dark a lot this time of year. For forgiveness, some non truck related shenanigans.20231220_183806.jpg20231220_193009.jpgIMG-20240202-WA0017.jpgIMG-20240202-WA0022.jpg

OP
OP
S

Sparda1123

Reaction score
Finally got mine installed. These are awesome and I doubt I’ll be out driving these light. Thanks to SPV for all their help. They are awesome to deal withView attachment 448307
You can't drive fast enough in this truck to outrun these. At least, with the factory limiter in place, I've tried! Congrats on the install!

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These look great. Do you have to remove any of the shutters in order to install them?
yep. Have to remove the 4 lower shutters on each side. The mounting bracket utilizes the left over shutter holes in the 2nd and 3rd spots as the mounting points. I think it took me the longest to actually mount the brackets. It was a bit tedious as it was very tight. There's a general video produced by Baja Designs that will walk you through the "behind the grill" install process.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't drive fast enough in this truck to outrun these. At least, with the factory limiter in place, I've tried! Congrats on the install!
I hope not but the plan is to "give it a good try" over the next several months haha. This is just one of the many benefits to living in Utah.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter