backspace - stock is best

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leanofpeak

Reaction score
trying to find an aftermarket rim close to the stock backspacing of 6 inches.

walker evans comes the closest with a 5.5 inch backspace application, they said maybe the 5.75 backspace will fit but depends on tolerances of truck and rim.

methods at 4.5 inch of backspace stick out too far. too bad because they look the best.

that "aggressive" look with tires poking out from underneath the wheel wells doesn't float my boat.

looking for that "flush" look...

OP
OP
L

leanofpeak

Reaction score
Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the range of offsets that I recommend +34mm (stock) to 0mm. You can run negative offsets BUT -6mm is the farthest you will want to go. Any farther you run into clearance, and hub bearing issues..

-Greg

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On my Raptor (Methods and stock tires), the tread of the tire is within the fender flares.
The "bulge" of the tire is 3/4" from the edge of the fender flares (my fender flares have been Linex'ed).

So, yes, there is a manly "bulge" with Methods and stock tires.

OP
OP
L

leanofpeak

Reaction score
On my Raptor (Methods and stock tires), the tread of the tire is within the fender flares.
The "bulge" of the tire is 3/4" from the edge of the fender flares (my fender flares have been Linex'ed).

So, yes, there is a manly "bulge" with Methods and stock tires.

this "bulge" you speak of...Perhaps I should be looking at something with a negative offset, like -60mm or more...

please advise...

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this "bulge" you speak of...Perhaps I should be looking at something with a negative offset, like -60mm or more...

please advise...

This. You that will give you the look you want. Also offsets around -60 will be the best for offroading. Another good thing is they increase fuel mileage because of less wind resistance. The weight is deeper in the wheel meaning less wind resistance. It won't be much of a difference in mpg but there will be some.

ADDCJ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fuel offers a -76 which is highly recommended for the everglades and offers high flotation attributes. The scrub radius is amazing for 100+mph sand carving tactics as well. There is really no other choice! The wind resistance in this application follows suit of above post. :yaoface2: